Demetrius Jackson

Said all offseason that he and Chad should be DTs on passing downs. Those guys are perfect in that role.

Advertisement
I know the rushing yards weren't pretty but the DL looked great overall. They really showed off the depth.

Every single one of them made a play at some point.
From what I saw the rushing yards were from LB's overpursuing and getting caught in the wash. Also, Redwine lost outside contain on 2 big runs in which he would have been in perfect position otherwise. Akers long run late was McCloud not wrapping up.
Yep. Just saying if people outside the program saw the numbers you might think our DL is overrated. Especially with the bull**** the FSU OL was getting away with, they lived up to their billing. The depth we have is definitely there.

Yep. They more than lived up to their billing. We're not in the game in Q3 if not for their work.

I know the rushing yards weren't pretty but the DL looked great overall. They really showed off the depth.

From what I saw the rushing yards were from LB's overpursuing and getting caught in the wash. Also, Redwine lost outside contain on 2 big runs in which he would have been in perfect position otherwise. Akers long run late was McCloud not wrapping up.
Yep. Just saying if people outside the program saw the numbers you might think our DL is overrated. Especially with the bull**** the FSU OL was getting away with, they lived up to their billing. The depth we have is definitely there.

Yep. They more than lived up to their billing. We're not in the game in Q3 if not for their work.

And while we had 3 sacks by the second quarter and only 1 in the second half that is misleading. They were applying pressure throughout the game they were just getting held a lot and it wasn’t being called

And while we had 3 sacks by the second quarter and only 1 in the second half that is misleading. They were applying pressure throughout the game they were just getting held a lot and it wasn’t being called
Sacks are great, but what I ask everyone to watch is moving QBs off their platform. If the DL can move a QB from where he sets, they're already winning. Against an inexperienced QB who wanted to make throws based on single reads, it changes everything.

Advertisement

Sacks are great, but what I ask everyone to watch is moving QBs off their platform. If the DL can move a QB from where he sets, they're already winning. Against an inexperienced QB who wanted to make throws based on single reads, it changes everything.

Yep

That 3rd down all DE's package is lethal there isn't a team in the nation that would consistently be able to blocks those guys.

Advertisement

Chad is underrated at this. He might not always get the sack but he always seems to be blowing up the pocket.

I'm not a recruiting expert but I'm pretty sure Trent Harris did not go to Booker T

That 3rd down all DE's package is lethal there isn't a team in the nation that would consistently be able to blocks those guys.

What's even more impressive is that Garvin isn't included in that package, yet he still manages to steal snaps during games.

Kid has really stepped up his game, inside move on his sack was nice. He creates a lot of havoc when he's in, not much of a drop off at all between the starters and Jackson/Harris.

JJ 2 sacks, 3 TFLs
CThomas 2 sacks, 4.5 TFL

Harris 3.5 sacks, 4.5 TFL
DJackson 2.5 sacks, 3.5 TFL in 3 games

Really chad and jj each had another sack against Toledo that wasn't counted for some stupid reason. MR even commented on it in an interview with WQAM and basically indicated the appeal process with the ACC is pointless

Last edited:
Advertisement
Really encouraged by our d-line play. We haven't even seen Garvin, DJ and Ford make an impact yet. When our linebackers settle in, I expect to return to the games of 2.2 ypc. I said this preseason, but our entire season depends on our front 7. We don't have the play makers in the back and our offense is too streaky. If we ever put it "all" together, we're talking blow out city

I must give props to [MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] ( I can't believe I'm saying this ).....he's mentioned DJax moving inside multiple times and I said he was nuts.

Buts he's looked great playing there the handful of times he's done it.

Thanks cribby, he doesn’t look out of place there at all. Him and chad are extremely disruptive and too fast for the guards to block them

I have no problem saying I'm wrong.

DJ playing so well at dt gives us an extra body next year , which will be huge if Mac leaves. Maybe he can put on a little more weight and be a regujar inside next year. That would be a nice rotational guy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back