Demetrius Campbell update

Advertisement
Found my way over to Campbell's twitter page via @TrinidadBrad. Is this kid on the verge of pulling the trigger? I suck at reading twitter comments but looks like this kid is itching to commit soon:

https://twitter.com/dcampbell92

And here's a recent comment from his brother:

Live.Life.Live ‏@Dr0pSh0tScott 34m
About to trade in all my UGA and Florida State gear for Miami stuff. #TheU

Not scamming us. He has interest in us. Now whether or not its reciprocated, I don't know.

Advertisement
Not scamming us. He has interest in us. Now whether or not its reciprocated, I don't know.

He seems to have interest in anyone who will offer him a scholarship. It doesn't matter what school offers him he will bite.
After Pete's article on him I looked at his twitter and some other articles about him. "Fraud" might be harsh. Liar is more appropriate.
Delusional might be another descriptive adjective. In his own mind he seems to be one year from the NFL but nobody has offered him.
Not even Coker with his brand new UTSA program seems to believe he has the ability or maybe character to positively contribute.

As for being homeless...,if you mean he doesn't own a home then that is probably true, but if you mean he doesn't have anywhere to hang his hat, that is probably a lie.

Being that we already have 2 DT commits, should we take Campbell if offered or wait for Travonte Valentine, Khairi Clark, & Thomas Holly?

Advertisement
Being that we already have 2 DT commits, should we take Campbell if offered or wait for Travonte Valentine, Khairi Clark, & Thomas Holly?

He is a 2013 kid, you could take him and cut him if he sucks.

I know some people don't agree with this approach, but Golden uses attrition for roster management in a pretty reasonable way. He sets individual goals for each player and tracks their progress and if they don't live up to the standard they are shown the door. Sounds strangely like the real world.

I know some people don't agree with this approach, but Golden uses attrition for roster management in a pretty reasonable way. He sets individual goals for each player and tracks their progress and if they don't live up to the standard they are shown the door. Sounds strangely like the real world.

One of the most important parts of roster management, making sure each ship is efficiently used.

Last edited:
Advertisement

One of the most important parts of roster management, making sure each ship is efficiently used.

So then is our sales pitch of being like "family" just a load of hypocritical BS?

Last edited:
Advertisement
this whole thing is just a wierd one. I say pass, which is probably what the staff says too, if they are even aware of this guy at all. I've never seen somebody just come on a board and say somebody is so full of ****, but when you listen to his interviews, stuff doesnt seem to make that much sense.

waste of anybodys time, kind of like Mychal Parker or whatever in 2013 that listed miami in his final 2 and was a 4 star, but nobody really gave him a commitable offer.

He seems to have interest in anyone who will offer him a scholarship. It doesn't matter what school offers him he will bite.
After Pete's article on him I looked at his twitter and some other articles about him. "Fraud" might be harsh. Liar is more appropriate.
Delusional might be another descriptive adjective. In his own mind he seems to be one year from the NFL but nobody has offered him.
Not even Coker with his brand new UTSA program seems to believe he has the ability or maybe character to positively contribute.

As for being homeless...,if you mean he doesn't own a home then that is probably true, but if you mean he doesn't have anywhere to hang his hat, that is probably a lie.

So has it come out that this kid lied about being homeless and his story?

Advertisement
Back