Dematrius Davis QB Offered

Advertisement
One of the best HS players in the state, he is epitome of a spread QB. Lacks prototypical size and stature etc but he gets it done. As Swagger said, he will 10000% sign with someone better than VT. Would take this kid and go all out for his 2021 teammate, Shadrach Banks who is a WR/ATH that is literally a created player for this type of offense as well. Having Flagg can only help, but I love love love that we are after these TX kids.

Agreed. Shame he is not likely leaving Texas.

Advertisement
Not that you need help being wrong or anything......Burrow, Fromm, Lawrence all considered Pro-Style QBs. You need a system more than anything and a QB who can move well enough.

BUT BUT! How many have won national championships in the last two years?!?!!??

/s

Not that you need help being wrong or anything......Burrow, Fromm, Lawrence all considered Pro-Style QBs. You need a system more than a specific along with a QB who can move well enough.
Burrow, Hurts, Fields, Tua, Murray, Mayfield are just a few QBs to make the playoffs who are far more athletic than TVD. TVD has Lawrence level athleticism without a Lawrence level arm. TVD type QBs don't win championships anymore. U can surround TVD type QBs with 5 stars all around them and they will still get Jake Fromm'd.

But hey, at least u tried though

Advertisement
Burrow, Hurts, Fields, Tua, Murray, Mayfield are just a few QBs to make the playoffs who are far more athletic than TVD. TVD has Lawrence level athleticism without a Lawrence level arm. TVD type QBs don't win championships anymore. U can surround TVD type QBs with 5 stars all around them and they will still get Jake Fromm'd.

Shhhh, just go back to Martell and give him that foot massage he asked for.

U underestimate Lawrence's athleticism, extremely.

Advertisement
I'm not a TVD fan like the rest of the board, especially in this offense. Have to be a true dual threat to reach your potential in this offense.

Nah I disagree...Just some mobility. Buechele was about a 3 on a scale of 1-10 and he had it flat out humming this year. That's if we see the same offense, some of that may have had a tough of dykes

And looking Lashlee's offense, since it's his offense, not all of these are "true dual threats"

Didn't know who this kid was and watched him in the state championship and wasn't blown away. I would've guessed he was a group of five type kid and then I pulled up his offer list and was shocked. Could have very well been a down game for him but I didn't see it. Just looked like a really athletic guy who they decided to play at quarterback cause he could throw better than anyone else they had.

Advertisement
Moves well in the pocket and keeps his eyes down field. Has natural feel for pressure with compact quick release. Athletic as well.

High School TVD and NFL Baker essentially have the same exact athletic set.

4.94 - 4.84
4.28 shuttles
28 vert - 29 vert

Except TVD has a better arm and about 4 inches and 20 lbs. But ok.

Kid is pretty much the same size as Deejay was coming out of HS (remember - Deejay was a "QB" in HS that didn't throw much). Almost identical size. Similar skill sets too except this kid can throw the football much better than Deejay could. Speaking of comparisons - this guy is the same height/weight as a HS as D'Eriq King is right now.

He's a take for me because he's a 2021 kid, is a baller from TX, and if he doesn't work out at QB - maybe you can swap him to RB ala Deejay. You take him off VT's hands so you don't have to play against him, to boot. There's not much to dislike here.

Advertisement
Back