Dematrius Davis - QB - Chance to flip?

We need a dual threat. Do yall realize how many plays have been saved becauee ot King's feet? Our offense is running smoothly because of his mobility, if we had a Kaaya type statue back there we look MUCH worse
Do you realize there’s a statistic called “pressures allowed” that actually tracks that? And it says that our O-line is playing light years better than last year?

Advertisement
You’re missing the point. Lashlee could care less about D’Eriq’s athletic ability. Is it another plus? Of course but Lashlee would undoubtedly tell you that his offense is just as deadly with Buechele as it is with King because they both are smart and accurate QBs when it comes to throwing into the middle of the field. Both aren’t down the field, 40 yard throwers but they’re gonna hurt you by not turning over the football, being smart, and living in the middle of the field.

That’s what he probably sees in Jake. A smart, talented QB who won’t turn over the football and will live in the middle of the field.
I know he says that and I believe he can be successful with any type of QB because he’s flexible and smart in tailoring things to the player skill sets he has to work with... I just want the running skills. It opens up another dimension to stretch the defense and King’s avoided sacks and made positive gains on plays that would’ve been losses for pro style bro qb’s.

I know he says that and I believe he can be successful with any type of QB because he’s flexible and smart in tailoring things to the player skill sets he has to work with... I just want the running skills. It opens up another dimension to stretch the defense and King’s avoided sacks and made positive gains on plays that would’ve been losses for pro style bro qb’s.
I get that but you can’t say that Jake Garcia isn’t as mobile in the pocket just because he ran 4.99 as a sophomore. One of the best sack avoiders ever to play football has been a beer away from being 9 months pregnant for years (Ben Roethlisburger). ****, Pat Mahomes is hard to tackle and he’s isn’t the most athletic dude back there either. Does D’Eriq’s running ability make him special? **** yea! But Rhett has already proven that he doesn’t need it for his O to be special.

I get that but you can’t say that Jake Garcia isn’t as mobile just because he ran 4.99 as a sophomore. One of the best sack avoiders ever to play football has been a beer away from being 9 months pregnant for years (Ben Roethlisburger). ****, Pat Mahomes is hard to tackle and he’s isn’t the most athletic dude back there either. Does D’Eriq’s running ability make him special? **** yea! But Rhett has already proven that he doesn’t need it for his O to be special.
I get that those guys have pocket awareness. Like I said, I don’t disagree with his ability to win with different types of QB’s. I just want someone who can add the running dimension. I think it gives us more versatility, stretches defenses more and can make more happen in breakdowns up front.

I get that those guys have pocket awareness. Like I said, I don’t disagree with his ability to win with different types of QB’s. I just want someone who can add the running dimension. I think it gives us more versatility, stretches defenses more and can make more happen in breakdowns up front.
I agree...plus ask any defensive coordinator about dual threats. Nobody wants to game plan for a guy that can take off at any time

Advertisement
We need a dual threat. Do yall realize how many plays have been saved becauee ot King's feet? Our offense is running smoothly because of his mobility, if we had a Kaaya type statue back there we look MUCH worse
In regard to that kaaya doesnt look good in most offenses that dont have great o lines but yes I agree miami needs a dual threat I want jay allen if anything he is just a injury security blanket

Do you realize there’s a statistic called “pressures allowed” that actually tracks that? And it says that our O-line is playing light years better than last year?
I'm not talking about O-line pressures. I'm talking about receivers/TEs being covered downfield & King being able to scramble instead of throwing it away or taking a coverage sack

Advertisement
son of a bitch GIF

Advertisement
Miami is apparently talking to one of the Auburn commits but I don't think it's him.

Advertisement
Miami is apparently talking to one of the Auburn commits but I don't think it's him.

Tar’varish Dawson, who is a take all day every day. Undersized, but has the feet, twitch, and elite speed to be a pretty special CB IMO. Only problem is FSU wants him too, and he has a teammate going there along with a Nole Coach. Clemson might get involved too. He was interested in us though before he pulled trigger for AU and we were in his final 2. You would THINK that it wouldn't be a difficult pitch considering how easy he can get PT here but landing talented CB's is like pulling teeth around here so who knows. We need more CBs like him though that aren't stiffs and are twitched tf up.

He and his parents just said publicly he is signing with Auburn on Wednesday. He loves the school.
So the coaches are all gone and the QUARTERBACK doesn't wait to see who the new coach is or what scheme they'll run? Yeah, no bags involved here.

Tar’varish Dawson, who is a take all day every day. Undersized, but has the feet, twitch, and elite speed to be a pretty special CB IMO. Only problem is FSU wants him too, and he has a teammate going there along with a Nole Coach. Clemson might get involved too. He was interested in us though before he pulled trigger for AU and we were in his final 2. You would THINK that it wouldn't be a difficult pitch considering how easy he can get PT here but landing talented CB's is like pulling teeth around here so who knows. We need more CBs like him though that aren't stiffs and are twitched tf up.
Sounds like he might not be tall or slow enough for the coaches though.

Advertisement
Back