Dematrius Davis - QB - Chance to flip?

They seen him personally last year at paradise camp. Everyone was going crazy over him and wanted him to commit to Miami on twitter and this forum..

Funny how no one wants Garcia now or they say he’s not that good of a talent in general.
Because I would rather us go after a guy in the mold of King who can make things happen with his legs not another pro style bro immobile statue.

Advertisement
There used to be a time when we applauded guys who weren't afraid of competition. Nowadays we don't think they're smart for going to college with a proven starter. Times have changed!
Malzahn loves him some Bo Nix... Only way Nix won't be the starter for the next 3 years is if Davis is some Kyler Murray type talent or Malzahn gets fired

I thought there was a chance from talking to him last week but there really isn’t. He’s locked in. I think he wants the attention from us but he never felt like a priority so he’s in his feelings slightly
One thing I've learned in recruiting, is that kids in their feelings are the easiest to flip.

Feelings change.

Now if he wasnt in his feelings and calmly says he is not interested. Nothing you can do there.

Advertisement
I don’t get why they want Garcia so much.
12E2281A-C8DF-49D3-A240-0959D521E915.jpeg

Advertisement
Patience , after this season qb will not be an issue. Either transfer or a kid appears or reappears on radar. Either way we’ll be ok.

Agreed.

Manny is learning to navigate his way thru the actual season, but offseason (portal season), he’s proven he knows what he’s doing. Add to that fact this year doesn’t count towards one’s eligibility, and he’s got some great selling points. Just keep taking care of business on the field and we’ll be alright.

I still think the farther we get into this season and if DK continues to produce the way he gas already there’s gonna be a couple maybe more QB’s that will either flip from where they are now or a QB from the portal that will be begging to get in..

The U is a destination school when it’s winning and with the Offense operating in true Hurricane Category 5 style kids will want to come be a part of it.

Thing is they will have to wait another year to be the starter CAUSE I DON’T THINK KING IS LEAVING AFTER THIS YEAR.

That’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it.

They seen him personally last year at paradise camp. Everyone was going crazy over him and wanted him to commit to Miami on twitter and this forum..

Funny how no one wants Garcia now or they say he’s not that good of a talent in general.
Well our offense completely changed lol. Enos was recruiting him. He looks like a pro style pocket passer, and havent seen any clips of him running. He has great touch, but doesn't seem to have that fastball, similar to Jarren Williams. I always felt Jarrens balls were late, or the defense right on the receiver.

King has that zip, even after making his read progression and changing his feet to throw to his last read.

Is this offense as deadly with mostly a pocket passer, who can run a little here and there as it is with true dual threat?
The offense switched after Van Dyke was already on board - hes a big kid 6'4, prob 225 next season. Good arm talent, throws off back foot a bit. Are we as high powered with over the next two years?

Advertisement
I still think the farther we get into this season and if DK continues to produce the way he gas already there’s gonna be a couple maybe more QB’s that will either flip from where they are now or a QB from the portal that will be begging to get in..

The U is a destination school when it’s winning and with the Offense operating in true Hurricane Category 5 style kids will want to come be a part of it.

Thing is they will have to wait another year to be the starter CAUSE I DON’T THINK KING IS LEAVING AFTER THIS YEAR.

That’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it.
While I am of the opinion that Phillips, Bolden, Cam, Brevin, Roche, and Blades are all gone after this year, your post does bring up an interesting point: win the games we are supposed to, and we have a real selling point for some players to return. You can actually make them believe we could be special next year. And we could be, if enough of them decide to return.

I thought there was a chance from talking to him last week but there really isn’t. He’s locked in. I think he wants the attention from us but he never felt like a priority so he’s in his feelings slightly

With all due respect to your insight and for your close connection, I don't doubt that this could change later in the year. If our offense carries on the way it is and with the opportunity of instant playing time, I could see this kid start to come around.

Glad your here to keep us updated.

Advertisement
Is that Buechelle?

I’m taking King in our offense every time.
You’re missing the point. Lashlee could care less about D’Eriq’s athletic ability. Is it another plus? Of course but Lashlee would undoubtedly tell you that his offense is just as deadly with Buechele as it is with King because they both are smart and accurate QBs when it comes to throwing into the middle of the field. Both aren’t down the field, 40 yard throwers but they’re gonna hurt you by not turning over the football, being smart, and living in the middle of the field.

That’s what he probably sees in Jake. A smart, talented QB who won’t turn over the football and will live in the middle of the field.

You’re missing the point. Lashlee could care less about D’Eriq’s athletic ability. Is it another plus? Of course but Lashlee would undoubtedly tell you that his offense is just as deadly with Buechele as it is with King because they both are smart and accurate QBs when it comes to throwing into the middle of the field. Both aren’t down the field, 40 yard throwers but they’re gonna hurt you by not turning over the football, being smart, and living in the middle of the field.

That’s what he probably sees in Jake. A smart, talented QB who won’t turn over the football and will live in the middle of the field.
That makes sense. I personally would rather have a dual threat because it adds another dimension to the offense and makes it harder for defenses to game plan as well as make plays. Also I am not so sure Lashlee will be here next year or in 2 years so having a more athletic QB would benefit the new OC to get acclimated to his players.

Advertisement
Back