Demarkcus Bowman enters the portal

Advertisement
I thought Bowman was the best back in the state the year he came out. Obviously when facing college kids who are his equal he was not premier. Gaytors don't have an elite stable of backs and he's from Gaytor country. I do think schools like UCF and USF are better second chance schools that will give backs like him the carries to shine.
TBF..the best back in the country is Travis at Clemson. As good as our Youngins are, and they are special I don’t think either would get the same opps at Clemson this early. I think bowman is an example of being young and impatient

Clemson is strict on Commitment, not taking Transfers and Visiting. I read that they already cut his Financial aid. If true that mean he has a landing spot waiting immediately upon hitting the portal.

Advertisement
I dont know if the relationship is broken, but I wouldnt be shocked if Clemson lets him come down from emotional state hes in and gets him to come back. Id be ****ed if Im a booster and I paid for him and he is already bouncing

Wait, what? He didn't know that in the circumstances of an untimely death of the grandparent that he would no longer have family closer than Florida? And he made the decision because of said grandparent solely? I mean, this doesn't even sound like a good spin job here. I get kids are impulsive and emotional all the time, but this is literally something you KNEW going into the situation.

Maybe the kid just wanted to spend time with his grandfather because he knew there wasn't much time left. When my father was dying, I quit my job to move out to be with him for the final months of his life. I know we're all jaded about transfers looking for reasons so they don't have to sit out a year. But this could be legit, and should be treated as such.

Kid lost both grandparents in the same year. That's not nearly as rough as losing a parent or guardian. It's still rough.

If he becomes a Gator, though, f him.

Advertisement
I coached against this kid.... dude is a beast definitely a take if we could... but the Lakeland to Florida connection is too heavy. He has 3-4 teammates at UF.... Lorenzo who????
I mean I agree. Lakeland has been a UF pipeline as far back as I can remember In recruiting (for me that dates to Chris rainy)..but it would be negligence imo to not inquire

Gators
Screenshot (51).png

Legit running back, they got a good one. Wish we had an opportunity, but he had his mind up when he left Clemson.

Advertisement
Would be sweet if they got hit with a tampering offence. We all know they did it with Lo as well. I'm sure a lot of schools do it to be honest, but Dabo is petty enough to pursue something. Doubt anything happens though.

Advertisement
Demarkcus Bowman was definitely legit in high school. Bowman was the real deal and did whatever he wanted from the RB position. Bowman was a great high school running back for a loaded Lakeland team. I would love to have him, if he wants to put in the work to get better. If he doesn’t want to work and compete, then he will never reach his potential because no high school RB can successfully transition to major college football without putting in major work.

Bowman ranked a lot higher than Knighton and Chaney coming out of high school, but I have followed enough high school football over the years to know, that it’s not how you start, but how you finish.

It’s pretty clear to me from seeing the progress that Chaney and a Knighton have made since coming to Coral Gables , that they have put in a lot of work, and they are getting better and better each week. Coaching and player development has been great over the last few years at the RB position in Coral Gables, and Cam, Rooster and Chaney are great examples. I saw them play in high school, and although the talent was there, they all have clearly gotten better and learned how to play the position. The Canes have future NFL RBs on the roster because they coach and develop talented players.

no thanks. RB is a spot were fine at and with thad coming in and likely daniels
Really??? Bowman has more upside than ANY back on our roster NOW and any RB on our recruiting board. This guy is a beast. Ask the south Florida all star team (St. Thomas) if he is the real deal. He punked them 2 years ago.

Realistically there is a 99% chance he’s a gator, however if I’m Manny I would inquire. Why not get a feeler. As a matter of fact it’s Manny’s JOB to inquire about this player. I bet you If Saban was here he would make a call to Lakeland.

I was told his grandad lived in Atlanta and that’s what pushed Bowman to Clemson. So his grandad could see him play. Not that his grandad has passed, Bowman is homesick.....

Advertisement
Back