Demarkcus Bowman enters the portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Correct me if I am wrong, did he not just enroll as a freshman this past August and now is entering the portal two months later.
So any just signed recruit once he arrives on campus can then just turn around and enter the portal and leave?
Sort of makes signing a commitment letter useless.

Advertisement
So he took the bigger bag, just to leave them and now (I guess) go to the school who he really liked. (gators)

wonder how often that happens

Correct me if I am wrong, did he not just enroll as a freshman this past August and now is entering the portal two months later.
So any just signed recruit once he arrives on campus can then just turn around and enter the portal and leave?
Sort of makes signing a commitment letter useless.

Advertisement
You saw him on IG the other night clapping back at people on him for his lack of PT already? He being emotional already lol.

There is mutual interest between Bowman and UF (obviously) and fellow Lakeland Gators already tweeting at him (Summerall and Zipperer).
I'm shocked he didn't go to Gainesville the first time around.

Advertisement
His grandfather died

Wait, what? He didn't know that in the circumstances of an untimely death of the grandparent that he would no longer have family closer than Florida? And he made the decision because of said grandparent solely? I mean, this doesn't even sound like a good spin job here. I get kids are impulsive and emotional all the time, but this is literally something you KNEW going into the situation.

We need a 2nd RB this class correct..so yes I’d kick the tires to see if there’s some interest. He’d be the better option compared to what we have left on our board and a take in a heart beat
I coached against this kid.... dude is a beast definitely a take if we could... but the Lakeland to Florida connection is too heavy. He has 3-4 teammates at UF.... Lorenzo who????

I thought Bowman was the best back in the state the year he came out. Obviously when facing college kids who are his equal he was not premier. Gaytors don't have an elite stable of backs and he's from Gaytor country. I do think schools like UCF and USF are better second chance schools that will give backs like him the carries to shine.

Florida to Marshall after Bowman entered the portal
A39402F7-F703-4191-9421-DE6A919277E8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back