Delvon Simmons

Advertisement
His production isn't too bad, he would be a great addition and with the sit out year, he'll be able to hit the gym hard as ****, great potential here, instant 2014 starter IMO

Getting this guy would take major pressure off this recruiting cycles JUCO recruiting. At this point we need at least 2 JUCO guys maybe 3. Landing this kid would allow us to only need Stuckey unless a beast falls in our lap. Lets face it we are going to be fighting a major uphill battle in the JUCO rankings when it comes to the DT position.

Advertisement
Getting Simmons next year would be a Godsend.

He'd be like getting one of the top rated JuCo guys, except we don't have to bid for his services.

Advertisement
Advertisement
### Delvon Simmons, rated the nation’s fifth-best defensive tackle in the 2011 class, received his release from Texas Tech and is strongly considering enrolling at UM, one of his former assistant high school coaches said Tuesday. McKeesport (Pa.) High’s Todd Blackwell said UM and USC are the top contenders for Simmons, who visited UM over the past few days. “He liked the campus,” Blackwell said. “He has all the tools to be an NFL player - real quick off the ball.”

Simmons – who had 27 tackles and two sacks as a starter last season – would be required to sit out next season but would have two years of eligibility left.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...s-futurecanes-fins-marlins.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
I wonder how highly he'd be rated right now if he was a JuCo player.

I have a feeling he'd be pretty sought-after as a JuCo DT coming out. I'm just glad we don't have to worry about out-bidding an SEC team.

Would be an incredible pick up. Like somebody else said, we wouldn't have to spend a ton of extra time watching film of every JUCO DT out there

Advertisement
Back