Delvon Simmons - DT Transfer from Texas Tech

He signed with UNC in 2011. Wanted and got his release. He has always eyed USC; it is difficult to see him not ending up there. But he didn't head to L.A. last time he switched schools, so who knows?

What Miami, Penn State, and USC have in common is a pretty open depth chart due to the NCAA. He always liked USC, and he is from Pennsylvania, so he has connections to both. I wonder what, particularly, has us in play for this kid.

Advertisement
He signed with UNC in 2011. Wanted and got his release. He has always eyed USC; it is difficult to see him not ending up there. But he didn't head to L.A. last time he switched schools, so who knows?

What Miami, Penn State, and USC have in common is a pretty open depth chart due to the NCAA. He always liked USC, and he is from Pennsylvania, so he has connections to both. I wonder what, particularly, has us in play for this kid.

/insert Golden Deal With It .gif

That's like saying 7th rounders don't become HOFers, signed Tom Brady. Come on, you listed 7 guys in 25 years - and one is Brock Berlin. If that is your best counter, the premise of my hesitation is validated. Do transfers ever have success? Yes. Is it somewhat rare given the amount of transfers? Absolutely.

Your premise validated? By what? YOUR measure of "success"? What IS YOUR measure of a successful transfer? What constitutes an "Unsuccessful transfer"? List your examples? Nah, just . . . a generalization of most transfers not being successful . . . m'kay

Meanwhile, I'll throw in a few more "successful" transfers to our list . . .

Tashard Choice
Jeff Hostetler
Trace Armstrong
Colt Brennan

Last edited:

I believe Golden has ties to that area isnt he a PSU alumnist and Joe Pa disciple???

Mia, What? I can say the same about what you are suggesting-- why is your measure of success valid? Weak response. I think success can be measured by performance - just like determining the success of a recruiting class. Sorry, but your response makes no sense.

Advertisement
Add Kevin McCutheon (South Carolina) and Robert Bass (NY CC) to the list. Chris T Jones (signed with Pitt but did not qualify) though he's not technically a transfer.

Advertisement
Back