Delone Scaife

All this feedback (again) about Scaife is the best news all day.

He's starting next year. The only question is which of the 5 he'll start at.

Still need 1-2 more OL in this class. Go get those 2 from Georgia, Searels.

Reed is performing very good as well...he’s not an early enrollee but he’s going to get a lot of burn when he fully learns the playbook.

Advertisement
Why is everyone so quick to bench gauthier? I think he’s been pretty decent. Decent blocker, great snapper, don’t know how much of an OL captain he is but I think he’s solid.

For me, I’d love to see one of hillery/Herbert step up to fill a RT spot. Not ideal but it is what it is.

LT: St. Louis
LG: scaife
C: gauthier
RG: Donaldson
RT: hillery/Herbert

Those who want Donaldson at RT, no way. He’s just not mobile enough...yet. Maybe with time but I don’t think he’s your guy.

Why is everyone so quick to bench gauthier? I think he’s been pretty decent. Decent blocker, great snapper, don’t know how much of an OL captain he is but I think he’s solid.

For me, I’d love to see one of hillery/Herbert step up to fill a RT spot. Not ideal but it is what it is.

Those who want Donaldson at RT, no way. He’s just not mobile enough...yet. Maybe with time but I don’t think he’s your guy.

I hear you about Gauthier. People are always about the new kids coming in but it’s not a good thing to start true freshman especially in the trenches. I’m hoping Scaife doesn’t start, hope Gauthier plays at G and Gaynor at C.

Gauthier isn't terrible, but occasionally gets manhandled by better teams, we need to get stronger on both lines

Advertisement
No one could evaluate his growth, he grew 3 inches and gained good weight in the process, im pretty sure if he didnt sign early right now they would be dropping bags off for this kid. Cant wait to manhandle teams like VT and UNC regularly and it starts up front, I really cant wait to see physical football the best form of football there is....u steal there soul and make them quit mentally.

Gauthier isn't terrible, but occasionally gets manhandled by better teams, we need to get stronger on both lines

This. Solid, and better than some past centers we've had here. But not the type of guy that helps us "impose our will" in the running game.

This should be a much more physical OL. Exactly what's needed.

Cleveland reed has been playing very well too which is a great sign. Need great lineman and I really Like what we are bringing in collectively the last 2 classes

Advertisement

This should be a much more physical OL. Exactly what's needed.

Not only that - they are mobile enough to be able to have an effective/dynamic screen game...something this team is in desperate need of

I honestly believe that Gaynor will be starting at LG next year. He was solid this year for us and he’ll have another year in the weight room..

No one who started on this offensive line the past 4 games should have a job locked up.

Advertisement
I honestly believe that Gaynor will be starting at LG next year. He was solid this year for us and he’ll have another year in the weight room..

I’m penciling Scaife in there. Gaynor can learn center.

People here are so quick to annoint Gaynor. He has been underwhelming at times this year and besides, Gauthier gets no love. Gaynor will/should be a rotational guy next year, imo. Scaife is much better.

People here are so quick to annoint Gaynor. He has been underwhelming at times this year and besides, Gauthier gets no love. Gaynor will/should be a rotational guy next year, imo. Scaife is much better.
You’re accusing others of being too quick to jump to views but you didn’t actually read what I wrote.

I didn’t say Gaynor jumps Gauthier. I said he can learn center. Gauthier graduates in a year anyhow. If Gaynor is going to back up a position, I’d rather it’s the one we will need him to play come ‘19. In the meantime, they can compete. And if Gaynor wins the competiton, all the better. Gauthier isn’t an all american.

Gaynor is 285-290lbs. He was pushed around a lot by the bigger DTs. I don't want to see another Linder at Center no matter how mean that kid plays. He works hard so hopefully he can get north of 300 and keep his mobility.

I really don't care who the starting 5 OL will be. We know St Louis, Donaldson, Gauthier, Mahoney, and Gaynor return with PT/Starting experience. We know Herbert/Hillary are potentialy OTs. We know Reed and Scaife are day 1 types. That should give us 8-9 potential starters vs. this year having 6-7.

Advertisement

Completely agree. I expect Gauthier to keep improving and I love Scaife. He's a future superstar.

What’s up with Lenny Dykstra I thought those Midwest boys were what we needed. What about zalonte also? Any body for the skinny on progress? What about Bar “mitzvah” Milo? Is he even on the team.

We need an elite lineman controlling things in the middle, Scaife could play center too and is big.

Lt St. Louis
Lg Gaynor
C Gauthier/Scaife
Rg Donaldson
Rt Herbert/ hillery

You’re accusing others of being too quick to jump to views but you didn’t actually read what I wrote.

I didn’t say Gaynor jumps Gauthier. I said he can learn center. Gauthier graduates in a year anyhow. If Gaynor is going to back up a position, I’d rather it’s the one we will need him to play come ‘19. In the meantime, they can compete. And if Gaynor wins the competiton, all the better. Gauthier isn’t an all american.

yeah, didn't mean to direct my response at you - your quote just got invovled in the fray there. Meant to respond to the post above yours.

Have Gaynor learn center, that's fine - we'll need the depth there. As for the post earlier mentioning that Gauthier getting pushed around at times, I know, but Gaynor will be no different. Both guys need more seasoning. Scaife at center is an interesting suggestion I've read on the boards.

Advertisement
Back