Delone Scaife

brock

All-American
Top 5 player in this class period. At every setting he shows out
[TWEET]947875432845717509[/TWEET]

Advertisement
Dont remember where it was, but he took reps at TE too. Maybe he was just fuggin around catching passes.

Either way, I think this kid is talented enough to make an impact on either side of the ball.

Like I've been saying for months " I'd be shocked if he doesn't start"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Think he grabs a starting spot

This. I wouldn't be surprised if Donaldson moves to RT (assuming his footwork improves) and Scaife is a starting guard.

He can play right tackle right away because he’s 6’4 which is kind of short for a tackle but he’s very good at blocking on the edge

That doesn’t matter as much as their reach. Jason Peters and Duane Turner are 6’4...Kelvin Beachum and Jay Leno JR. are 6’3 but have really long arms because the longer you are, the better you are at keeping a distance and not allowing moves to be put on you. Searels already is on record talking about Scaife long arms and Scaife has even said that he could get looks at tackle here.

Think he grabs a starting spot

This. I wouldn't be surprised if Donaldson moves to RT (assuming his footwork improves) and Scaife is a starting guard.

He can play right tackle right away because he’s 6’4 which is kind of short for a tackle but he’s very good at blocking on the edge

That doesn’t matter as much as their reach. Jason Peters and Duane Turner are 6’4...Kelvin Beachum and Jay Leno JR. are 6’3 but have really long arms because the longer you are, the better you are at keeping a distance and not allowing moves to be put on you. Searels already is on record talking about Scaife long arms and Scaife has even said that he could get looks at tackle here.

Exactly, Richt has started shorter lineman in the past on the edge as well

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back