Delone Scaife - will he play tackle or guard?

rok

Great Poster
Per herald-

UM hasn’t decided if D.J. Scaife will play tackle or guard. A football staffer said he will continue to get work at both. It would be surprising if he isn’t a starter for the opener, but where he plays will depends on who wins other jobs on the line..

Advertisement
His natural position is guard, we need to accept that Zion or Campbell are gonna have early growing pains, but having Scaife at LG helps cover up any mistakes the young tackle will make. We need to avoid constantly swapping guys positions around and let our lineman build chemistry as a unit.

His natural position is guard, we need to accept that Zion or Campbell are gonna have early growing pains, but having Scaife at LG helps cover up any mistakes the young tackle will make. We need to avoid constantly swapping guys positions around and let our lineman build chemistry as a unit.

From what I remember of the spring game, we’re having serious problems if Campbell is our RT. He’s a guard.

Advertisement
From what I remember of the spring game, we’re having serious problems if Campbell is our RT. He’s a guard.
Herbert was most improved spring lineman and if that continues he should be RT. Miami Herald reported Zion and Campbell battling on left side so Scaife at LG is his best spot. Scaife also said in an article once he feels more comfortable on the left side.

We did this Brandon Washington and Trevor Darling, usually doesn't work out well. We should just leave him at one position and trust that somebody else will step up.

Advertisement
Spring game not a good indicator of any part of our offense . Limited time with new staff at that point does not tell me much. . I fully expect to see much improvement in OL by the first game.

Advertisement
Coach Barry has his hands full trying to find the right formula and chemistry with the limited tackle options. Someone needs to definitively step up at least with 1 of the tackle spots. We can get by with one weaker tackle spot but not 2 of them.

I feel like dude is a Tackle. He swapped between both spots so much and looked better at Tackle. So many people saying his "natural" position is guard but that's solely based on his body type. He probably is more comfortable playing Tackle and his performance shows, so why not put him there and let him lock it down? I'd even be comfortable playing him at LT (if what he said about being on the left side is true).

Advertisement

His natural position is tackle. Thats where he should play

I feel like dude is a Tackle. He swapped between both spots so much and looked better at Tackle. So many people saying his "natural" position is guard but that's solely based on his body type. He probably is more comfortable playing Tackle and his performance shows, so why not put him there and let him lock it down? I'd even be comfortable playing him at LT (if what he said about being on the left side is true).

They are basing it solely on height. He can play there...but he is a much better tackle. He definately is more comfortable at Tackle and thats sinc high school

Advertisement
Back