Delone Scaife - will he play tackle or guard?

Advertisement
They are basing it solely on height. He can play there...but he is a much better tackle. He definately is more comfortable at Tackle and thats sinc high school
Really wish Boulware stayed. Think our best lineup would've been with Scaife-Boulware-Gaynor-Donaldson-"best man wins"

I played Tackle FBS Level around that height. Its all about feet and length at tackle. He has THAT. He isnt that strong off the hip and moving guys inside. His strength is his feet
We'll see what coach barry does with all these pieces, I'll trust his final decision.

Advertisement
His natural position is guard, we need to accept that Zion or Campbell are gonna have early growing pains, but having Scaife at LG helps cover up any mistakes the young tackle will make. We need to avoid constantly swapping guys positions around and let our lineman build chemistry as a unit.

Can’t get behind throwing Nelson out there game one vs UF. I am confident he will end up being a great player and have heard from numerous sources that Butch Barry is the best technical coach on staff and a HUGE upgrade over Searles. However UF’s defensive line might to be tough for a him game one.

Can’t get behind throwing Nelson out there game one vs UF. I am confident he will end up being a great player and have heard from numerous sources that Butch Barry is the best technical coach on staff and a HUGE upgrade over Searles. However UF’s defensive line might to be tough for a him game one.
Feel the same way, work scaife there game 1 and let Nelson get limited opportunities in that game if he’s able

Advertisement
Scaife at LT and Donaldson at LG. Shores up 1 side and gets the best 5 OL on the field. I just don't see how anyone is fit for LT week 1 this year.

This, put Scaife, Donaldson, then Gaynor from Left to Center. Then shore up the Right side and we cooking

It’s pretty obvious our need at tackle means he plays there this season. I think his best long term position is G but we ain’t in the long term we in the here and now.

Advertisement
G: Donaldson, Reed, Campbell, Traore, Clark, Dykstra

T: Scaife, Herbert, Nelson, Hillery, Brown, Elgammal

C: Gaynor, Kennedy

Advertisement
You cannot have a true frosh out there at LT against Uf game 1. Come on fellas.

I wouldn’t want that either, not unless it was a guy like Evan Neal.

I would keep Scaife at tackle to start the season unless someone else really steps up. We need his experience against UF. Even if guard is his best position, we see that a lot in college with top end guards playing tackle out of need.

Its great to have a guy who can play both positions, but he's one of the guys we really need to step up in a lean year like this. I was sure hoping they'd have a better idea this summer of who the five will be. An O-line doesn't build and improve until it has the time to work together as a unit.

LT- Scaife, Nelson, Elgammal
LG- Donaldson, Traore
C- Gaynor, Kennedy, Clark
RG- Reed, Dyskstra
RT- Herbert, Hillery, Brown

Advertisement
Back