Delaney

Ookie_Thegreat

Recruit
Real talk I think that crap about him being a mid grade NFL pick was just a bunch of hype to get him to UM. I'm not buying he doesn't belong at UM..... Mike smith pt2 (that DB we took from wake forest all over again)

Advertisement
Time to shut the program. But yeah, he looked not just bad, but BAD. Beaten short and turned around long. Frankly, he looked like Rumph in his first start.

He'll be aright, that's what practice and film study are for.

Anyone ing about us playing BCC to start with, choke on this sword.

If 17 on BCU had a decent QB, he would of made Delaney look like a freshman. Footwork, technique, everything looked bad! Aside from a couple open field tackles, it was a game to forget

Advertisement
He looked god awful and the fact is, BC was searching for him. A FCS school picking on him....not a good look.

Seems like Delaney over reacts to the qb and wr first moves instead of staying with his man...if it doesn't get fixed...he's a pump fake away from getting scorched!

Glad people can analyze a player in his first game ever in a new system at this level.

Mel Kiper Junior should be looking over his shoulder.

Let's give it some time. He was an all american at Citadel which means he's used to performing at an all american level against Bethune Cookman type teams. The fact that he didn't means he either had a bad day, had first game jitters, or is getting used to our system/defense. All of these can be resolved with time. I think the guy will be fine.

Advertisement
He guards our receivers in practice and has been doing well. I'll put the blame on the scheme than on the dbs more than anything today. They do have to get off blocks better though

Last edited:
He made his tackles just fine, can't criticize him for that. But in coverage, he was clearly confused each play. Learning curve?

He guards are receivers in practice and has been doing well. I'll put the blame on the scheme than on the dbs more than anything today. They do have to get off blocks better though

OMG.. Finally a sensible post/response.. this is a 11 man game and when someone doesn't do their job(player or coach), one of the other 10 are going to be in a position they shouldn't have to be in...

Advertisement
Stop the scheme excuse. There were a couple of plays where he simply couldn't stay with the receiver. He should be embarrassed they kept targeting him. The hope is he just had a bad game but let's not be delusional and blame the scheme.

He did look bad out there. No denying it. Let's give the young man a shot though. In two weeks we will know if Delaney can run with the horses or not...

All the comments throughout fall practice were he bullies WR's at the line of scrimmage. If this is the case he should be on permanent bump and run and should never be playing off the WR.

Advertisement
Stop the scheme excuse. There were a couple of plays where he simply couldn't stay with the receiver. He should be embarrassed they kept targeting him. The hope is he just had a bad game but let's not be delusional and blame the scheme.

It's a scheme problem when you KNOW they are throwing short passes but still have the dbs playing off coverage against BETHUNE of all people... In addition of that the flats were open as well. My question is why did diaz let bethune dictate what scheme we were running? The sh*t was open all game because we were playing off coverage and they were running free. We should have manned up on them and lock them down period. This is another reason the dline didn't do sh*t the people were open because it was so much spacing for them to make plays

He didn't look good, but the coaches are playing him. One would assume that they are playing the players who they think give us the best chance to win. So saying that he was over hyped may be a legit compliant, but what are our other options if no one else is playing better than him?

I have to agree, doesn't look like he belong. BC was looking for him and they abused him.

Advertisement
Back