Delaney

Didn't look good on a few plays, he tackled well for the most part. But diaz didn't put him in the best position to succeed when you know they are running short passes

Advertisement
He had so many tackles because his man kept catching the ball, have confidence that Coach Rumph will make him into a better pass defender.

He did look bad out there. No denying it. Let's give the young man a shot though. In two weeks we will know if Delaney can run with the horses or not...

We'll find out next week, our next opponent lives off short quick passes.

Advertisement
Delaney will be fine.. the talk of camp was that he was a physical WR.. in yesterday's game I didn't see him press at all.. maybe that was part of the game plan? He deff needs to improve his off man coverage though

There were definitely some scheme issues as he was playing over the top of the receiver and many times had no help underneath. Not sure what the issue was with that but they better get it fixed. Linebackers better improve their drops into zone coverage or we need to man up.

He had a bad game, but the D played very vanilla base package. Lets see what happens next week w/ Ark St and there qb who may throw the ball 50 times. At least he is making open field tackles, I refuse to look at only the bad in game 1.

The biggest strides are made between week 1 and 2. I wil bring the pitch fork next week as required

Now we all see why we're seemingly recruiting like 8-9 DBs this class. I thought we were recruiting to much DBs and not enough OL.. now I see why. Same with WR. When Langham is the only one who could (barely) beat a BCC DB deep then you got problems. We need to start recruiting fast LBs as well.

Advertisement
Stop the scheme excuse. There were a couple of plays where he simply couldn't stay with the receiver. He should be embarrassed they kept targeting him. The hope is he just had a bad game but let's not be delusional and blame the scheme.

I think it really was the scheme...Covers our guys in practice man up and go and gets applause...BC game we're playing him 10 yards off receiver...Somebody just didn't want to get beat deep so the quick out was there all day.

He had a bad game, but the D played very vanilla base package. Lets see what happens next week w/ Ark St and there qb who may throw the ball 50 times. At least he is making open field tackles, I refuse to look at only the bad in game 1.

The biggest strides are made between week 1 and 2. I wil bring the pitch fork next week as required

OMG.. everyone on this board has been complaining about all the blitz and you now claim we played a very vanilla package...

He guards are receivers in practice and has been doing well. I'll put the blame on the scheme than on the dbs more than anything today. They do have to get off blocks better though

OMG.. Finally a sensible post/response.. this is a 11 man game and when someone doesn't do their job(player or coach), one of the other 10 are going to be in a position they shouldn't have to be in...

Coach Donofrio, is that you?

Advertisement
I think we were playing too far off considering our pressure and the opponents strategy.

I also think he was a little too hyped, first game jitters etc...but we'll see this weekend.

Let's give it some time. He was an all american at Citadel which means he's used to performing at an all american level against Bethune Cookman type teams. The fact that he didn't means he either had a bad day, had first game jitters, or is getting used to our system/defense. All of these can be resolved with time. I think the guy will be fine.

Its puzzling at best. I am going to go out on a limb here and state our receivers are better than the BCU WRs. Top to bottom. If he was that clueless and bad there is no way he starts. Our guys would have exposed him in every practice. These coaches would not have propped him up like that if he wasnt capable. Maybe it was scheme, maybe it was over playing the QB trying to get that chain around his neck but at this point I got to give him the benefit of the doubt. Same with our LBs and same with our Dline. Something was off. Our LBs looked slow as **** and out of position often. I didn't see the DLine dominate and I was sure that was going to happen. Confusion, overplaying, not sure but at least we got some game film to address some obvious weaknesses. Could be the best thing about this past weekend. Going up against the same offense over and over might force you to start playing what you know is gonna happen and not truly reacting and anticipating of off what the offense is showing.

Advertisement
Some of UM fans are straight up JACK-AZZES.. Now the kid isn't Miami caliber, it was his first game.. He did have a bad game, but we have a staff that will clean this up and week 2, we will see a better unit!! Delaney will be just fine, he will play better no doubt..

Everyone needs to get their feet wet. Some get it faster than others.

He'll pick it up, or he'll get moved down the depth chart.

he has terrible balance. he fell on one play near the endzone that if the QB had thrown an accurate pass, he would have been beaten for a TD. not impressed. looked timid and scared. l

Advertisement
Back