Delaney is transferring to miami

This one addition changes the dynamic of the entire defensive backfield. We're in serious business now if we can find a reliable second Safety. This move gives us more options to throw at that vulnerability.

Early projection:

CB Young/Dean
FS Jaquan/Michael Jackson/Jeff James
SS Finley/Carter
CB Delaney/Redwine/Mayes
Nickel Jaquan/Bandy

Things to consider:

- I think these top 4 of 5 in the Nickel package are highly likely for the early part of the season: Young, Delaney, Dean, Jaquan.
- How Michael Jackson transitions to Safety is an enormous variable in our DB equation. If he can show out, it makes us more flexible to allow Jaquan to play a utility role.
- If someone can step into the Safety role and provide some of what Jamal Carter served last year, Jaquan can play Nickel and Bandy won't have to be rushed.
- Jackson, Finley and Carter will now be in a death battle for PT. We will see the benefits of intense competition.
- I'd still see where Deejay Dallas fits as a DB after his look at WR this spring. Not saying he can't contribute at WR - the opposite really. Just really intrigued how his skill set transfers over to DB. We'll see if he gets a look. It's now more of a luxury.

I'm freakin' pumped.

Why couldn't the loser of the Den/Young battle simply come on in nickel situations? If Young loses, he can play nickel (quite well). If Dean loses, Young just moves inside in nickel. Bandy backs up nickel and Jaquan can play FS in base downs either way.

The great thing is that this transfer gives us four very good corners to use and insulate from an injury. I'd personally like to see us add a grad transfer at S.

You can see this roster needed to be rebuilt from the ground up at most every position because depth was not only an issue, all the classes were messed up numbers and size-wise, which has forced us into using more grad transfers.

Advertisement
This one addition changes the dynamic of the entire defensive backfield. We're in serious business now if we can find a reliable second Safety. This move gives us more options to throw at that vulnerability.

Early projection:

CB Young/Dean
FS Jaquan/Michael Jackson/Jeff James
SS Finley/Carter
CB Delaney/Redwine/Mayes
Nickel Jaquan/Bandy

Things to consider:

- I think these top 4 of 5 in the Nickel package are highly likely for the early part of the season: Young, Delaney, Dean, Jaquan.
- How Michael Jackson transitions to Safety is an enormous variable in our DB equation. If he can show out, it makes us more flexible to allow Jaquan to play a utility role.
- If someone can step into the Safety role and provide some of what Jamal Carter served last year, Jaquan can play Nickel and Bandy won't have to be rushed.
- Jackson, Finley and Carter will now be in a death battle for PT. We will see the benefits of intense competition.
- I'd still see where Deejay Dallas fits as a DB after his look at WR this spring. Not saying he can't contribute at WR - the opposite really. Just really intrigued how his skill set transfers over to DB. We'll see if he gets a look. It's now more of a luxury.

I'm freakin' pumped.

Why couldn't the loser of the Den/Young battle simply come on in nickel situations? If Young loses, he can play nickel (quite well). If Dean loses, Young just moves inside in nickel. Bandy backs up nickel and Jaquan can play FS in base downs either way.

The great thing is that this transfer gives us four very good corners to use and insulate from an injury. I'd personally like to see us add a grad transfer at S.

You can see this roster needed to be rebuilt from the ground up at most every position because depth was not only an issue, all the classes were messed up numbers and size-wise, which has forced us into using more grad transfers.
I think that's what you'll see (the loser of the Dean/Young battle staying on the field). I had an extra Nickel spot on there because I think those two (Jaquan and Bandy) are most likely to play a hybrid role.

Advertisement
Back