Delaney is transferring to miami

This also sends a signal to 2018 signees.

How? He's only playing for 1 season

That a starter will be gone, opening up a spot for a 2018 guy. That the staff doesn't care HOW long a player has been in the program, that they will play the guy that gives them the best chance of winning. If you can play, you will play.

Advertisement
This one addition changes the dynamic of the entire defensive backfield. We're in serious business now if we can find a reliable second Safety. This move gives us more options to throw at that vulnerability.

Early projection:

CB Young/Dean
FS Jaquan/Michael Jackson/Jeff James
SS Finley/Carter
CB Delaney/Redwine/Mayes
Nickel Jaquan/Bandy

Things to consider:

- I think these top 4 of 5 in the Nickel package are highly likely for the early part of the season: Young, Delaney, Dean, Jaquan.
- How Michael Jackson transitions to Safety is an enormous variable in our DB equation. If he can show out, it makes us more flexible to allow Jaquan to play a utility role.
- If someone can step into the Safety role and provide some of what Jamal Carter served last year, Jaquan can play Nickel and Bandy won't have to be rushed.
- Jackson, Finley and Carter will now be in a death battle for PT. We will see the benefits of intense competition.
- I'd still see where Deejay Dallas fits as a DB after his look at WR this spring. Not saying he can't contribute at WR - the opposite really. Just really intrigued how his skill set transfers over to DB. We'll see if he gets a look. It's now more of a luxury.

I'm freakin' pumped.

Deejay Dallas is a big corner or a Safety in my eyes. I don't think he's a Miami caliber WR. I don't see the suddenness or change or direction.

Advertisement
Am I missing something. We are excited about getting a Grad Transfer from the Citadel????? Just seems like a guy!! Nothing special

Am I missing something. We are excited about getting a Grad Transfer from the Citadel????? Just seems like a guy!! Nothing special

Yes. The guy has a 4th 5th round grade if he came out in this year's draft. A little development and we should have a pretty **** good starter.

Seems like you're pretty familiar with him. Can you please give a full breakdown of his game?

Thanks!

A guy with a 4-5 round NFL draft grade who wants to get better and move up is fine by me. The fact that he was an all-american, team leader at a military school is just a sign that he will not cause issues while here and may actually strengthen the new culture.

Advertisement

Did you watch any of his highlights? He will be the best CB we have this season.

That a starter will be gone, opening up a spot for a 2018 guy. That the staff doesn't care HOW long a player has been in the program, that they will play the guy that gives them the best chance of winning. If you can play, you will play.

wow 3 ppl actually upvoted this post??? hmmm smh

/ it sends a signal to 2018 signees guys lol oh ok

Yeah, because they will see a starter is leaving after the 2017 season. That says there's a spot up for grabs right away. I can't see how that wouldn't be a positive for recruits at CB.

Advertisement

He didn't say it was the reason we take him. But, it's just another factor, and I agree with him.

Advertisement
This is a big time addition to this team. This kid has the size, speed and ability to be a high draft pick after this season. Now if this staff can land that RB from Clemson and find a grad transfer safety the depth issues will be almost non existent

So here's the story. He was undervalued coming out of highschool. He went to an FCS school and became a superstar. Now he wants to come to Miami.

13 career picks and 32 deflections is impressive, means he has a nose for the ball. One of those instinctive skills you can't teach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back