Deion Sanders candidate for FSU HC per Ian Rapoport

Manny Diaz never played college football. To be honest, Charlie Weis is the only other coach I’m aware of who didn’t play CFB.

Leach
Sonny Dykes
Hugh Freeze
David Cutcliffe

Freeze aside- I'd be thrilled if Miami had hired any of the other 3 on the list.

Also neither Dan Mullen, Jimbo Fisher, Brian Kelly, or James Franklin played D1 ball.

Advertisement
Deion Sanders would be PERFECT for the F$U job. A match made in football heaven. Way too good to be true.

Let's not conflate the level of commitment some high school coaching takes versus a P5 school. Can it be done? Some have pointed to Penny Hardaway as an example, so yeah it can. But we're talking about maybe one guy who has done it, and that is in a different sport. I just do not see this rumor having legs whatsoever.

Penny already stepped in it.

Memphis coach Penny Hardaway assisted Wiseman and his family's move to Memphis in 2018, attorney Leslie Ballin said in a news conference -- and the NCAA has deemed Hardaway a booster.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you all may be underestimating this job. FsU had exactly one bad hire since Bowden and they remedied that in less than 2 years. They aren't Miami with wash, rinse, repeat since Davis left. The boosters have taken over and they will get a good coach. That is an attractive job and with any sort of competency FsU does recruit itself. Dumbass Jimbo's problem was he wanted it to be an SEC school with SEC power and money. It just ain't that school and probably never will be because UF is that school in Florida. But as Jimbo proved FSU is more than capable of winning a Natty in this environment. Hopefully Manny pans out long term because FsU didn't flinch when they realized they had a dog sh*t coach. The question is what do we do.
We have more good hires since FSU hired Bowden technically. They have had Bobby forever. Not going to give them this well oiled machine title.

Let's see how they do now

Advertisement
Leach
Sonny Dykes
Hugh Freeze
David Cutcliffe

Freeze aside- I'd be thrilled if Miami had hired any of the other 3 on the list.

Also neither Dan Mullen, Jimbo Fisher, Brian Kelly, or James Franklin played D1 ball.
Our boy Leach broke his ankle senior year of high school. Then he went on to become a Lawyer and a football genius.

Advertisement
Our boy Leach broke his ankle senior year of high school. Then he went on to become a Lawyer and a football genius.

I think Bill Belichick was a third string deep snapper on a D3 team for 1 year (he got injured early in his sophomore year) . That's not zero college football experience but it's pretty **** close. Seeing as Belichick is the GOAT football coach and had only a minuscule amount of college FB experience, I think it pretty much invalidates the idea that a coach had to play college football to understand the game.

As an aside-
Really interesting article about the injury.

Inside the risky play that wrecked college center Bill Belichick's leg https://es.pn/2Nnn4ue

So the answer is a big fat zero...thanks for playing.

Thanks for playing what?

I was pointing out facts, you obsessed wack job. You have one note you play on your skin flute, and it’s the only one you ever play. Over and over and over again. The most predictable porster on this site.

Leach
Sonny Dykes
Hugh Freeze
David Cutcliffe

Jimbo Fishers Ex Candy played Semi-Pro Ball...

Advertisement
Nearly every team other than the ones with above named coaches have former players. Thats probably 124 coaches. How many of those have won natties?

I didn't ask you about 124 other coaches, I asked about those 4 coaches. I'll make it easier for you, how many conference titles do they have between em'?

Nothing to do with Sanders. But the “who cares who our arch rival hires as a coach” bravado is not only a lie, it’s ludicrous. Everyone on this board cares who FSU hires and has more of an effect on the program than the “wut jerseys are we wearing vs Louisville” threads that would take its place.
Whatever floats your boat...

Advertisement
The stupidity of this site is at an all time high.

We actually have people trying to justify the hiring of Deion Sanders as a college football coach of one of the top 15 programs in the country.

No rational person would ever think that’s a good idea, and most rational people think there’s absolutely zero chance of it happening.

But don’t get me wrong, if the impossible happens and they go full ****** in Tallahassee and hire Dion Sanders I’ll be the happiest person and the first to congratulate them. It would be the best thing that could ever happen to us as far as our competition with them. We will eat them alive for the foreseeable future

The stupidity of this site is at an all time high.

We actually have people trying to justify the hiring of Deion Sanders as a college football coach of one of the top 15 programs in the country.

No rational person would ever think that’s a good idea, and most rational people think there’s absolutely zero chance of it happening.

But don’t get me wrong, if the impossible happens and they go full ****** in Tallahassee and hire Dion Sanders I’ll be the happiest person and the first to congratulate them. It would be the best thing that could ever happen to us as far as our competition with them. We will eat them alive for the foreseeable future

To be honest, Manny Diaz might find ways to somehow lose to Deion Sanders.

Advertisement
Back