Deidrick Stanley Talks Miami, Aims For Summer Decision

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
Miami recently extended an offer to 2020 Chaminade Madonna 3-star DB Deidrick Stanley Jr., but this did not come as a total surprise to Stanley.

“I’ve been hearing from Te’Cory (Couch) and Keontra (Smith) that coach (Ephraim) Banda and coach (Mike) Rumph were interested, so I was pretty much waiting on the offer for a little bit. When coach Rumph offered me, it was pretty relieving.”

Although Couch and Smith told Stanley that Miami was interested in him, they haven’t been pushing him to Miami very hard.

“They haven’t really told me anything about Miami. They say always do what’s best for you and they always support me no matter what decision I make. Sometimes they do say, ‘Miami is home and we got a spot.’ But they don’t always do those kinds of things, it’s more of support no matter what I do.”

Stanley, like most recruits, loves the energy that new head coach Manny Diaz has brought to Miami in the short time he’s been in charge.

“I like the energy that coach Manny Diaz is bringing to Miami. I visited Miami a while back when I was a freshman or a sophomore, and I feel like the energy wasn’t necessarily there. No hit to Mark Richt, but I feel like the energy is more upbeat and people are really excited to have Manny Diaz as the head coach. I am liking it too.”

Miami has not had a ton of contact with Stanley since they offered just before the dead period, but he is still hopeful that Rumph will start recruiting him harder after the dead period ends.

“We haven’t really contacted yet because of the dead period, but basically they wanted me on board, so when the dead period is over I’m pretty sure I’ll be in contact with coach Rumph and we’ll build a relationship from there.”

Stanley has been blowing up in receiving offers from Miami, Michigan, Penn State, and Wisconsin in recent weeks. All of this has been a reward for the hard work that he has been putting into improving his game.

“I feel like, not to necessarily be ****y but I feel like my film, it presents itself. I feel like those offers, they match my film, and I feel like my play stands for everything. It’s really good because it’s a feeling of me being more confident and knowing that I’m not slept on anymore. Going into this season, my mindset was to shock everybody and get noticed. I feel like I deserve every offer, so when they came, it was relieving to know that my film is where it’s supposed to be, and people aren’t sleeping on me anymore.”

Stanley plans on taking spring official visits to Michigan, Penn State, and Wisconsin before making a decision sometime this offseason. He also plans on getting back down to Coral Gables soon. When Stanley does decide to commit, there are a few certain things that he is looking for in a school.

“Always first, family atmosphere. Second, will I be able to play early and does their scheme fit me, like will I be able to be moved around? That will play a big part."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It sounds like if we truly push hard for him we'll have a great chance as long as he's comfortable playing in the system coach baker and rumph teach

Love this guy. He may lack height and long speed but he has some of the most entertaining film in South Florida.

Football player with instincts.

He reminds me of another Chaminade GREAT who lacked ideal size and speed....Akeem Auguste.

Hopefully we don't miss this time around.

Advertisement
i see alot of Bandy on that tape.

Wanna get the Hollywod duo of Jerrold Pough and Stanley locked in.

that's what I'm thinking...Pough/Stanley/Tennison/Francois as 4 with Tennison being either striker or safety... It think we then take 1 more, most likely corner...But if if Hanna wants to come, maybe Francois to corner. Hanna is an absolute animal on tape as in the box safety.

Last edited:
Need to let this guy commit if he agrees to shut it down and not take visits.

Advertisement
that's what I'm thinking...Pough/Stanley/Tennison/Francois as 4 with Francois being either striker or safety... It think we then take 1 more, most likely corner...But if if Hanna wants to come, maybe Francois to conner. Hanna is an absolute animal on tape as in the box safety.

Those 4 and then add Harrell or one of the national guys (Morant, Cavazos, Fred Davis, etc)

that's what I'm thinking...Pough/Stanley/Tennison/Francois as 4 with Francois being either striker or safety... It think we then take 1 more, most likely corner...But if if Hanna wants to come, maybe Francois to conner. Hanna is an absolute animal on tape as in the box safety.

Francois is not a striker at all.

Tennison is likely the in the box safety prospect. I see Francois on the back end....or if they may want to try him at cb. Stanley looks like an inside /nickel guy similar to Bandy. Pough is an outside guy with length

Finally its to the point where guys legit will have to commit to have a spot. They got a bunch of offers out with good spots with most of them.

Advertisement
Back