Define "Miami is Back"

hassan

Recruit
I keep seeing the media saying "Miami is Back". There seem to be a lot of different idea's of what "Back" means.

To me I believe Traditionally "Back" meant in the national title conversation. To be in that convo we needed to finish with 1 loss or less and top 4 sometimes top 5-6. We played for 10 National Titles from 1983-2002 winning 6* :).

I believe with the new Playoff setup you could technically be back if you finish in the top 12 but I expect it would be somewhat rare for a 12th ranked team to win the playoff and win it all. Back to me would mean finishing in the top 6 of the 12-team playoff and at least Split the rivalry games if not win both this year.

I realize some people define back as winning it all but realistically we have only been back like 6 times lol. I think being in the hunt is really what we aim for and understand some years we will win it all and some years we won't, basically like our status from 1983-2002.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
No longer hoping and wishing with nervous energy that we can “steal” a big win. Knowing we’re about to go kick the **** out of whoever it is, from the players to the fans.

It’s been awhile so the younger fans dont know, but pretty much that feeling you got watching Bama under Saban for so many years. Like there was no doubt in your mind they were always going to be playing for a championship. They were just always going to be there, kicking somebodys ***.

There’s a video of a reporter asking Bobby Bowden after the 2000 game if Miami was “back.” He admitted we were. “Back” can mean different things to different people, but when your rival knows even before a championship season, yeah, that’s a pretty good sign.

Compete for ACC Championships and the 12 team playoff frequently.

Advertisement
We'll know it when we see it.Like in 2000 when we beat FSU.It's felt close with ND in 2017 and last year Tam but we knew there were still holes in the roster and lacked difference makers,impact guys.We seem to be close.
I think I have met 100,000 people who claimed to be at that game lol. I honestly knew we were going to win in the parking lot. The energy was incredible, best atmosphere at Joe Robbie I have ever seen. Park of being "Back" has to be making our home a true home field advantage. We won 58 in a row at the OB and no one wanted to play us at home.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back