Defensive Recruiting Assumptions, Oct 30

"Who the **** is Patke recruiting? "
Why in the **** is he in the position he is in?

Manny Diaz advocated for him. He was a successful businessman in Texas but decided he wanted to be a football coach. It's still year 1 for him. He is green. He'll grow

Advertisement
Who’s John Battle? Lol. You are also wondering who the **** is Patke recruiting, well my question is why the **** is he on this staff?

Lol I got him mixed up with LSU's safety who went to Hallandale. Golden passed on him because he thought he was too slow. Kid was an state finalist hurdler

Manny Diaz advocated for him. He was a successful businessman in Texas but decided he wanted to be a football coach. It's still year 1 for him. He is green. He'll grow
(n)

This is half our coaching staff...Green as **** and we see terrible development from it.

Advertisement

He has been with coach Diaz for like 5+ yrs and he has never been a coach, yet Coach Diaz gives him his shot at the U to learn on the job rather than keeping him in a non coaching role and telling coach Richt to hire a real OC and promote coach brown to "On field PR director".

Go Canes

He has been with coach Diaz for like 7 yrs and he has never been a coach, yet Coach Diaz gives him his shot at the U to learn on the job rather than keeping him in a non coaching role and telling coach Richt to hire a real OC and promote coach brown to "On field PR director".

Go Canes

Do you think Diaz has the power to tell his boss to find a new person to call plays?

I was very critical of Patke's qualifications and Diaz bringing these Incarnate Word carryovers to UM...That being said Diaz after losing 5 defensive linemen, 3 to the draft, and Malik Young and still having a defense like this has earned a green light from me...THAT BEING SAID.

One of the Patke and Simpson spots should have been a Sofla ace...Simpson obv is more qualified and has the Georgia ties, so Patke's spot then. You need some juice with these kids...Find the next T-rob, J.Seider, E.Gran, etc, etc...I'm sure Richt thought he was getting one with Rumph (hasn't worked that way, but Rumph seems like a decent coach), but it was worth another shot here, esp with Diaz having a lot of input with the LB position anyway

Advertisement
You can recruit all of the five star defensive backs and linebackers you want, but if you're recruiting three star linemen, you're likely going to be fvcked eventually.

Miami has great edge talent at the top...some questionable depth on the edge.
Miami has two excellent interior line players in Willis (now) and Nesta (beyond) but behind them are going to be players we regret playing an extended amount moving forward. Miami needs these three stars they are signing to step up. No other way around it. They need to be RJ McIntosh at minimum otherwise, what we do on defense doesn't work and it'll get ugly.

I will echo the sentiments on the linebackers currently on the roster (they worry me)...but I really like the current group. Our issue is we haven't had more classes like this year. Our depth at LB is lacking.

Need(ed) to land the following -

DE - 2 of Summerall, Weaver, Bogle
DT - Ingraham (Huge Miss)
CB - Dent or Battle
S - Tyrique (Must Get)

Advertisement
Need(ed) to land the following -

DE - 2 of Summerall, Weaver, Bogle
DT - Ingraham (Huge Miss)
CB - Dent or Battle
S - Tyrique (Must Get)

Battle isn’t a CB. Tyrique can play CB or S and likely will get a look at both. Nunn will get a look at both too.

Would like to see Ray added to the DL. Agree we need 2 more DE.

Terrible development? You dont think Mccloud has improved? You don't think Finley has been impactful for us?
Michael Jackson was a cast away from the Golden staff. Most of the internet thought he was a JAG. Now he is being thrown out as a potential first rounder, think he will end up around 2-4th.

Terrible development? You dont think Mccloud has improved? You don't think Finley has been impactful for us?
Our LB have been at best Average and mostly below while have 2 coaches for the LB group. I also wasn't just talking defense I was talking about as a whole our coaching staff is green and cant develop players. QB absolutely trash 3 QB's they recruited cant pass up the backup baseball player, Oline absolutely no development either, LB core isn't at all what they should be. Finley at striker has developed and our secondary is solid, I think Simpson was a good hire, but our Special Teams are **** near last in all categories in the nation. So yes development is a huge issue with our green *** coaches.

Also look at the coaches Patke is Diaz's homeboy, Banda the same, Richt Jr is nepotism and the list goes on. It's not chose the best coach to win, its lets hook our homies up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Our LB have been at best Average and mostly below while have 2 coaches for the LB group. I also wasn't just talking defense I was talking about as a whole our coaching staff is green and cant develop players. QB absolutely trash 3 QB's they recruited cant pass up the backup baseball player, Oline absolutely no development either, LB core isn't at all what they should be. Finley at striker has developed and our secondary is solid, I think Simpson was a good hire, but our Special Teams are **** near last in all categories in the nation. So yes development is a huge issue with our green *** coaches.

Also look at the coaches Patke is Diaz's homeboy, Banda the same, Richt Jr is nepotism and the list goes on. It's not chose the best coach to win, its lets hook our homies up.

That's the thing though. The basis of your argument is that our green coaches suck. Banda/Rumph/Simpson/Patke are all decent but not good enough for Miami standards in recruiting. But as for developing the players, our weakest unit is the one led by the guy with the most experience (Diaz/LB).

This is a defensive thread so idk why QB/ST is brought up. But OL/QB experience differ and they are both *** groups so far. Hartley isnt green and the TE play has been good while he just completely fails at ST (even though last week wasn't bad).

I was very critical of Patke's qualifications and Diaz bringing these Incarnate Word carryovers to UM...That being said Diaz after losing 5 defensive linemen, 3 to the draft, and Malik Young and still having a defense like this has earned a green light from me...THAT BEING SAID.

One of the Patke and Simpson spots should have been a Sofla ace...Simpson obv is more qualified and has the Georgia ties, so Patke's spot then. You need some juice with these kids...Find the next T-rob, J.Seider, E.Gran, etc, etc...I'm sure Richt thought he was getting one with Rumph (hasn't worked that way, but Rumph seems like a decent coach), but it was worth another shot here, esp with Diaz having a lot of input with the LB position anyway

Seider and T Rob would do recruiting wonders at Miami

Advertisement
Back