Defensive Recruiting Assumptions, Oct 30

Advertisement
That's the thing though. The basis of your argument is that our green coaches suck. Banda/Rumph/Simpson/Patke are all decent but not good enough for Miami standards in recruiting. But as for developing the players, our weakest unit is the one led by the guy with the most experience (Diaz/LB).

This is a defensive thread so idk why QB/ST is brought up. But OL/QB experience differ and they are both *** groups so far. Hartley isnt green and the TE play has been good while he just completely fails at ST (even though last week wasn't bad).
Patke is a lb coach so you can't say he is good and then say Diaz is bad at lb coach. Our lbs haven't been good. Also yes our recruiting on defense has not been good especially dline and cornerback. My statement was overall on the team that our green coaches are an issue, and special teams I mentioned since there is no threat for it and it's a **** tragedy. We will see what Simpson can do when he doesn't have Willis and them boys and has to develop guys but so far he looks.okay. Miami should not be a ppace to learn on the job, fau usf wku and those schools are where coaches should start. Hard to recruit high level kids when the best part of your resume is making Long island ice tea.

Patke is a lb coach so you can't say he is good and then say Diaz is bad at lb coach. Our lbs haven't been good. Also yes our recruiting on defense has not been good especially dline and cornerback. My statement was overall on the team that our green coaches are an issue, and special teams I mentioned since there is no threat for it and it's a **** tragedy. We will see what Simpson can do when he doesn't have Willis and them boys and has to develop guys but so far he looks.okay. Miami should not be a ppace to learn on the job, fau usf wku and those schools are where coaches should start. Hard to recruit high level kids when the best part of your resume is making Long island ice tea.

I get where you're coming from. However, Patke is not the LB coach, he is the OLB/Striker coach. He's pretty much only coaching the strikers and McCloud. Diaz has the rest of the backers.

Its sad how our offensive recruiting has been better than our defensive recruiting (ratings wise) but we can't tell by watching them play.

No. Replacing joe Jax, Willis, JJ, Redwine, and Mjax will be tough.
Y’all said the same thing last year on the dline last year after we lost Thomas, Harris, mcintosh and Norton just relax and let things transpire. We signed a great db class the best we have had in a long time and they will take the next step in their 2nd years for sure. Have seen the buzz I thought We would see in terms of the draft out of joe Jackson so it’s possible he could come back which would be great for us obviously. We will be returning our best cornerback in Trajan bandy and have some really other solid options at db who will be more experienced next year. By the way al blades is looking like an animal right now and looks physically just as big as Michael Jackson
E9691CB5-D75F-4EB7-B480-EAFAA7415806.jpeg

Advertisement
Only concerned about the numbers along the line. We have to sign 7-8 DL! Have to sign 15 kids on D and 10-12 on O! We can't keep playing with 78 kids every year when we are allowed 85.

Advertisement
Back