Defensive Cordinator Wishlist

Advertisement
Strong and Muschamp are elite recruiters....our cb and lb situation would be addressed immediately...
I agree with you concerning Strong, but I am just not feeling Muschamp. Even though T-Rob was DC, it was Muschamp’s defense. I’d hiring him as a defensive analyst though (wishful thinking😂😂).

I'm thinking it doesn't matter as long as Manure is HC.

With the right coordinators Manny can win 10 games in the Coastal regularly.

His lack of leadership will still result in disastrous losses to good coaches.

I am almost hoping he goes down in flames with Baker and we at least get a shot to stumble into a good coach. I hate losses though so I would want a strong coordinator even though I know that Manny’s faults will prevent us from true contention on a national level.

Rationally, it would be better to take our lumps and put an end to the Manny experiment. But it will take tru darkness for that to happen before 2022 with this administration.

What about Lovie Smith? He just got fired at Illinois. He was an animal for the Bears & they forced hella turnovers. He got fired after a 10 win season with the Bears. I’m a Bears fan. His defense would be nice here with the pass rush! He also enforces TACKLING! Wrapping up TACKLING

Is Will Muschamp overrated? I don’t know much about him other than his underperformance as a HC.

But if his reputation as a DC is legit than a realistic staff could look like:
DC - Muschamp
DB - T Rob
LB - Move Banda there
DL - Tracy Rocker

Advertisement
No way Manny brings in a Muschamp or Strong to be breathing down his neck in a potential hot seat year. Also, why would this guys want to come in and answer to a less qualified boss who could be fired?

Get assistants in here that have worked at a military schools previously.

Need some discipline.

Advertisement
Don Brown is literally the Blake Baker of the Big 10. This article was from TWO YEARS AGO, and discusses how any team with comparable to talent crushes Brown's D. https://gbmwolverine.com/2018/12/29/michigan-football-peach-bowl-exposes-the-overrated-don-brown/

If Brown was any good, we wouldn't be able to pull him away from Michigan. The fact that he could be available tells you all you need to know about him.

NO THANKS.

If Venables was so good, why was Dabo able to get him? It's largely because Stoops needed to make a move to appease the fanbase and Venables was the sacrificial lamb. Why would Brown leave Michigan ? I don't think Brown is a big fan of Harbaugh and wants out (he interviewed for the Temple job that went to Diaz). Right now everyone doubts whether Diaz is willing to give up his scheme. If he hires a G5 DC, I'll get the impression he's just looking for a better play caller than Baker, but still wants his own scheme. If he gets a guy like Parker or Brown, those guys are going to be running their own D (or they wouldn't take the job in the first place). Whether a top tier DC will turn down the job because they think that Diaz is already a dead man walking is a fair question.

No way Manny brings in a Muschamp or Strong to be breathing down his neck in a potential hot seat year. Also, why would this guys want to come in and answer to a less qualified boss who could be fired?

Both those guys are going to get more shots at being a P5 HC. I think they have been around the block enough times to know that their job is to save Manny's job while showing other programs they still have top tier coaching abilities. They'd be in and back to being a HC within a year of successful with fixing the D. If for example, Muschamp came in as DC and Miami knocked off Bama in the opener and made a playoff run, Muschamp is back to being a HC in 2022.

He’s used to coaching slow DBs in Iowa so he’ll fit right in with Rumph and the boys

Most of the Big 10 have slow DBs. Iowa isn't exactly fertile ground for speed. What he's done with those slow DBs relative to other programs with slow DBs (like Miami) is what interests me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone with a pulse...
1607894568348.gif

Advertisement
Back