Defensive Cordinator Wishlist

Advertisement
Advertisement
Manny is a ***** and his players are coddled and soft. If attitude reflects leadership then it doesn’t matter who we bring in as long as this pathetic excuse for a head coach sticks around.

Don Brown had a bad year. He’s had GREAT defenses. And his style fits our athletes

You know how to recognize a good DC. Everyone else wants to get the hottest, trendiest names from a G5 program, then wonders why they flop.

Rookies don't realize why coaching ranks in the NFL and CFB are filled with former HCs that keep getting recycled. It's because running a top tier program is really hard. Smart owners and college programs that want young blood look at pedigree and coaching trees. Young coaches that learn from successful coaches have a better chance at understanding the complexity of high level football. How many coaches came from Mack Brown's coaching tree? He's got Major Applewhite (fired after 2 years) , Tom Herman (soon to be fired) , Greg Robinson (fired - fun fact he was the Texas video analyst when he was picked to replace Diaz as DC), and now Diaz. Pedigree matters. Also, Richts coaching tree is a stick. No successful coaches there either.

Advertisement
The problems go beyond scheme.

Why do we always come out flat and unprepared?

Why so many stupid penalties?

Why does one side of the ball fall apart when the other side seizes momentum?

Why do we seemingly always give up a big kick return after we have a big TD drive?

Manny isn't head coach material. Maybe he could be one day, but he ain't it right now.
This is it right here

You know how to recognize a good DC. Everyone else wants to get the hottest, trendiest names from a G5 program, then wonders why they flop.

Rookies don't realize why coaching ranks in the NFL and CFB are filled with former HCs that keep getting recycled. It's because running a top tier program is really hard. Smart owners and college programs that want young blood look at pedigree and coaching trees. Young coaches that learn from successful coaches have a better chance at understanding the complexity of high level football. How many coaches came from Mack Brown's coaching tree? He's got Major Applewhite (fired after 2 years) , Tom Herman (soon to be fired) , Greg Robinson (fired - fun fact he was the Texas video analyst when he was picked to replace Diaz as DC), and now Diaz. Pedigree matters. Also, Richts coaching tree is a stick. No successful coaches there either.
I feel you. But help me understand how your comment relates to mine?

Advertisement
My wishlist is Manny saying hey, my defense isn’t working so let’s go elsewhere. Hires Muschamp as DC and TRob as DB coach. Instantly fixes the recruiting issue at CB and a real defensive scheme.
Help me understand what difference is Muschamp supposed to do when his defenses at SCAR have been gang raped this season.

Phil Parker, DC at Iowa. They run a 4-2-5 and Parker is also DB coach. #14 scoring defense this year. #5 last year.

And most importantly, according to his Wikipedia page,
Screenshot_20201212-230607_Chrome.jpg

Brian Kelly kept his OC and DC until year 5. I know, why compare a ND coach which has unlimited resources and loyal following. I just think he’s done less with more from a talent base perspective. Yes, he went to the big dance in year 3, but any year he wasn’t in the CFP they went 8-5/9-4. So I’m saying, does Manny really have a short enough leash to have to make changes to his baby? Was the offensive overhaul not enough?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back