Defensive Backs

Ivey and Blades are ahead of where Mike Jackson was at the same stage.There was of talk of MJ not been good enough to play here and then he was supposed to be better off at safety and he developed nicely.I expect us to hear good things about the young cbs this off season.

Advertisement
DT & CB kind of scare me as most of the squad is young and unproven in those areas.

I’m getting spoiled with all the portal pottying, but a transfer DT/CB would add some needed veteran leadership to these young units.

Advertisement
Ivey and Blades are ahead of where Mike Jackson was at the same stage.There was of talk of MJ not been good enough to play here and then he was supposed to be better off at safety and he developed nicely.I expect us to hear good things about the young cbs this off season.
If by “there was talk” you mean the clowns here that said he would never be **** because of his star ranking, then maybe you want some different sauces

Very thin right now in the secondary. Unproven players all over. Talented with some good potential but it’s still potential at this point. Would’ve really liked to land a starting quality CB from the portal. Bandy, Ivey, Blades, Frierson(assuming he’s a CB), and Bethel? Missing anyone at CB besides the incoming freshman Couch? Yea that’s very thin and young.

At a position that inexperienced guys will get torched in.

AC 5 gonna eat this year..I’m calling it now he starting..idk at safety or in a specific role like striker but he need to see that field

Jesus with the Amari at striker crap. Finley beat him for it. Finley is coming back. Carter wasn't starting at S. If he was better than Finley at striker, he would have played at striker.

Love Amari, I've been high on him for a long time, and EXPECTED he'd win the striker role. He didn't. I also don't think I've seen him try to wrap up anyone yet. Dude plays for the knockout hit, not the tackle. Sure it'll get fixed, but if he wants to replace Jaquan he needs to tackle like Jaquan.

Just want our safeties to put fear for anyone coming across the middle. I know the game has changed, but dropping a shoulder into the sternum, which is still legal, will make a WR get alligator arms real quick.

Advertisement
Jesus with the Amari at striker crap. Finley beat him for it. Finley is coming back. Carter wasn't starting at S. If he was better than Finley at striker, he would have played at striker.

Love Amari, I've been high on him for a long time, and EXPECTED he'd win the striker role. He didn't. I also don't think I've seen him try to wrap up anyone yet. Dude plays for the knockout hit, not the tackle. Sure it'll get fixed, but if he wants to replace Jaquan he needs to tackle like Jaquan.
Yea Finley beat him out for striker..and played well..but I wasn’t talking about him playing over 30 at the role specifically. I was saying we need to carve a role out for similar to what we did with the “striker” position. Which is simply putting a safety in the box..with amari I would want him near the box on 1st and 2nd down. A 4-4-3 look essentially on those early downs. Especially with spread type teams. It’s something saban used with minkah :

FS
CB CB

S ILB ILB STAR
DE DT DT DE

Yea Finley beat him out for striker..and played well..but I wasn’t talking about him playing over 30 at the role specifically. I was saying we need to carve a role out for similar to what we did with the “striker” position. Which is simply putting a safety in the box..with amari I would want him near the box on 1st and 2nd down. A 4-4-3 look essentially on those early downs. Especially with spread type teams. It’s something saban used with minkah :

FS
CB CB

S ILB ILB STAR
DE DT DT DE

Needs to tackle better if he's gonna play that close to the LOS. Again, I really, really like Carter, I'm high on him. But his actual tackling form leaves a lot to be desired.

Advertisement

Agreed and as I mentioned before JJ really was not very good early in his career here either. Many of the same things were said “thinks too much etc” then suddenly the light came on part way through his Junior season.

I think we see that with Amari this year. His physical gifts are just too much to hold down much longer.

Needs to tackle better if he's gonna play that close to the LOS. Again, I really, really like Carter, I'm high on him. But his actual tackling form leaves a lot to be desired.
I’m that regard he reminds me of JRoc.. I get what your saying tho. I don’t remember 5 missing as many tackles here.,are you saying if he doesn’t change his technique that’s what will happen?

Advertisement

We needed depth at safety too. Esp when JJ mossed two games

They move him all over and there were a lot of times he was 5th db

1CB- Bandy/Frierson
SS- Carter/Knowles
FS- Bolden/Hall/K.Smith
Nickel- Blades/Couch
2CB- Ivey/Bethel
STRIKER- Finley/Smith

Advertisement
Back