Defensive Backs

Everytime we've been worried about a position group on this defense manny has surprised us. I think this group has bigtime potential. They'll be well coached and we'll be just fine.

Advertisement
Agreed and as I mentioned before JJ really was not very good early in his career here either. Many of the same things were said “thinks too much etc” then suddenly the light came on part way through his Junior season.

I think we see that with Amari this year. His physical gifts are just too much to hold down much longer.

1) IMO JJ was better than Amari early in his career, and also in an ENTIRELY different defense (as a freshman). Johnson wasn't lighting it up but when he had his chance he did his job. Amari makes the highlight reel hits, and boy do they look beautiful, but also missed quite a few tackles he should've made.

They always do, everybody on this site has already thrown him away, but seem to forget that Jaquan didn't have his breakout year until his Junior season.

It's all good though, I want everybody to sell their AC5 stock to me, it's as low as it can be right now.
@Liberty City El

I'm curious as to who you project to be our starters in the seconday next year.

I've got
CB Ivey/Blades
FS Hall/Frierson
SS Carter/Bolden
CB Bandy/Couch
Nickel Bandy

We definitely need more depth at both Safety and CB. The above could be an excellent 2 deep with the proper development but more depth is needed. We need to add Elam and Emerson for sure.

Advertisement
Outside of Hall and Bolden at Safety, the CB position is a huge question mark besides Bandy. I don’t see how the potential is great it could be solid but a little far fetched to label the group we have as great.
Finley and Carter have a gang of playing experience. Blades and Ivey played a lot last year too. We will be real good back there. I think we’ll see a lot more 4-2-5 too.

Very thin right now in the secondary. Unproven players all over. Talented with some good potential but it’s still potential at this point. Would’ve really liked to land a starting quality CB from the portal. Bandy, Ivey, Blades, Frierson(assuming he’s a CB), and Bethel? Missing anyone at CB besides the incoming freshman Couch? Yea that’s very thin and young.
It’s 3 deep, just young.

Bandy is an all American next year book it and another year experience for the young guys. Could lead to a very good season for db’s but 2020 is the year they can be special let’s see.
Also a big year to get some really good depth behind them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Doesn’t need one graduating with his associates from juco this spring and then can transfer and play right away this year
I did not know this. I thought he came straight from USC. I actually thought he was a freshman this year to be honest. Thank you very much for enlightening me Brock and @AllbouttheU

Advertisement
Back