Defensive adjustments

Man i know more football than half of you up here. No defense is afraid of dorsett if they were they would have not stack the box to stop the duke last year.

So losing your deep threat doesn't help your RB? Yeah it sounds like you know more foozball than miost on here. Dorsett had a nice TD grab against the Gators correct? Yeah he really sucked.

And if defenses are stacking the box to stop Duke it doesn't help Dorsett getting open deep correct?

You dont know ****. Dorsett is a #4 wr who the **** is afraid of a #4 wr. Coley, scott, waters are better than dorsett. Dude cant run routes and doesnt catch all that good either. I said he played like **** before he got hurt and all you can name is 1 nice td he had out of the 7 games he played. If williams is the starter this year i dont see him doing much because there will be a lot of dink n dunk and not many deep balls.

Advertisement
Man i know more football than half of you up here. No defense is afraid of dorsett if they were they would have not stack the box to stop the duke last year.

So losing your deep threat doesn't help your RB? Yeah it sounds like you know more foozball than miost on here. Dorsett had a nice TD grab against the Gators correct? Yeah he really sucked.

And if defenses are stacking the box to stop Duke it doesn't help Dorsett getting open deep correct?

You dont know ****. Dorsett is a #4 wr who the **** is afraid of a #4 wr. Coley, scott, waters are better than dorsett. Dude cant run routes and doesnt catch all that good either. I said he played like **** before he got hurt and all you can name is 1 nice td he had out of the 7 games he played. If williams is the starter this year i dont see him doing much because there will be a lot of dink n dunk and not many deep balls.

Herb isn't better than Dorsett... Herb struggles with separation against any decent opponent... Dorsett is someone to keep your eye... Besides the Herb comment, you are right... He wasn't performing well before the injury and outside of the td catch he did very little this year... Teams were stacking the box for Duke even when Dorsett was on the field... Even after the nice td against UF, he was shut down along with the rest of the offense for the remainder of the game...

I don't know **** and you list Scott who was also injured all year? That's ******* brilliant! Scott injured, Dorsett injured, and Waters seemed to have vanished.

Like it or not Dorsett was the deep threat that was keeping defenses honest. You keep talking about stacking boxes to stop Duke who was having a Heisman year until his injury. Once the injuries took place the offense was dead in the water.

What is the Golden slurper's rebuttal for the refusal to cover shallow crossing routes for the last several weeks of the season?

What part of the scheme is designed to allow shallow crossing routes to go uncovered?

This is the crux of the matter. It's not the scheme--it's the execution of the scheme. But at some point, they kind of become the same. Golden/Dono haven't designed the only defense in the history of football that can't work. But, if you're three years in and guys aren't executing, what's going to change? These guys who were playing last year weren't that young. If you have a fundamental execution problem, is plugging in more talented freshmen likely to fix that or make it worse?

I don't see a ton of improvement until they make a fundamental change grounded in accepting that what they are currently doing is NOT going to work. Maybe they have accepted that and will change and we just don't know it yet--hopefully. We must also note for the optimists that a little bit of improvement based on experience will not cut it. We're talking massive improvement if we want to compete at a high level especially considering that our offense very well could be worse.

Im talking about pure talent and ability scott is better. Scott can go up and get the ball, get yac, has enough speed to go deep. Dorsett wasnt keeping **** honest because no one fears dorsett.

Advertisement
Im talking about pure talent and ability scott is better. Scott can go up and get the ball, get yac, has enough speed to go deep. Dorsett wasnt keeping **** honest because no one fears dorsett.

Oh!!! You're talking about pure talent and ability? So Dorsett has more yardage and TD's by a large margin than Scott but really Scott is the better player? You definitely know soooooo much about foozball. Dorsett is the deep threat and that doesn't keep the defense honest? Brilliant!

Full potato ahead!

[video=youtube;9YLYMARXxxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YLYMARXxxc[/video]

Last edited:
In what world is playing UF and UL playing poor competition when compared to a year when we played ND and KSU?
2013 Schedule was not easier than 2012. I don't care what a flawed SOS metric says.

wow

Yeah exactly. Fiesta Bowl participant and MNC participant is just as easy as a 4-8,
offensively-inept UF and UL.

Soley looking at UFs record highlights the level of analysis used by some. Typical of how a chick not into sports would do when gauging a team.
Oh look they ended 4-8 which means they must have sucked. Wow impressive.

Dunno how that offensively inept team managed to win 11 games in the SEC the previous season. Luck I guess

As a Miami fan, you shouldn't celebrate the UF win any less, I know I wouldn't. But comparing last year's UF team to the one that won 11 games the year prior is just silly.

UF lost Elam, Floyd, Jenkins, Evans, Hunter, McCray, and Okine defensively. And yes the defense was every bit as good but the depth wasn't there.

Offensively UF lost Gilislee, Reed, Hammond, Hines, Nixon, and Wilson as starters on offense. They also lost Sturgis who was critical in converting FGS in a lot of close games, our kicker made 33% of his kicks this year LOL. So that's a combined 14 starters lost from the previous year.

And of the starters who returned, UF lost 3 o-lineman before fall camp even started. Rememeber, we had so few linemen on scholly we couldn't even have a spring game. And we looked like trash against Toledo the week prior to Miami. Anybody who beat us last year can in no way claim that to be a quality win, that's just reality. And those were the injuries just before Miami, they lost even more guys throughout the year. That team was every bit as bad as the record said they were and they were bad from game 1.

Cool Revisionist History Bro.

And save the sob story about who UF lost. Every team loses players. Offensively UF lost Gillislee and Reed. WOW cry me a river.
As for the Toledo game, the 11-2 UF team from 2012 struggled with Bowling Green to open the season. Actually it was more a struggle so not sure what your point is. UF was built to win ugly but they win. Was no different last year before they were ravaged by injuries.
Quality win by Golden and Team.

Yeah exactly. Fiesta Bowl participant and MNC participant is just as easy as a 4-8,

Soley looking at UFs record highlights the level of analysis used by some. Typical of how a chick not into sports would do when gauging a team.

Dunno how that offensively inept team managed to win 11 games in the SEC the previous season. Luck I guess

As a Miami fan, you shouldn't celebrate the UF win any less, I know I wouldn't. But comparing last year's UF team to the one that won 11 games the year prior is just silly.

UF lost Elam, Floyd, Jenkins, Evans, Hunter, McCray, and Okine defensively. And yes the defense was every bit as good but the depth wasn't there.

Offensively UF lost Gilislee, Reed, Hammond, Hines, Nixon, and Wilson as starters on offense. They also lost Sturgis who was critical in converting FGS in a lot of close games, our kicker made 33% of his kicks this year LOL. So that's a combined 14 starters lost from the previous year.

And of the starters who returned, UF lost 3 o-lineman before fall camp even started. Rememeber, we had so few linemen on scholly we couldn't even have a spring game. And we looked like trash against Toledo the week prior to Miami. Anybody who beat us last year can in no way claim that to be a quality win, that's just reality. And those were the injuries just before Miami, they lost even more guys throughout the year. That team was every bit as bad as the record said they were and they were bad from game 1.

And save the sob story about who UF lost. Every team loses players. Offensively UF lost Gillislee and Reed. WOW cry me a river.
As for the Toledo game, the 11-2 UF team from 2012 struggled with Bowling Green to open the season. Actually it was more a struggle so not sure what your point is. UF was built to win ugly but they win. Was no different last year before they were ravaged by injuries.

This may be the worst post of yours...which is sayng a lot.

UF didn't just lose Gilislee and Reed moron, I listed the other offensive players. They lost a combined 14 starters between offense, defense, and special teams, that's practically an entirely new team. For you to assert that they were the same team who went 11-2 is beyond dumb.

You're the one revising history. You claim they were good before injuries ravaged them, how the **** would you know? They hadn't played a game before a majority of the injuries piled up. Most of the injuries occured during spring, did you happen to see them play a game at that point to know they were good or something? What are you basing them being good on? What the team the year before did? The team that for all intents and purposes lost every meaningful starter to graduation or the draft? They had so many injuries they couldn't even play a spring game yet here you are claiming they were good before injuries LOL. Because CaneAlmighty saw UF scrimmage during the spring to determine they were good. You prove time and again you don't have many brain cells.

Last edited:

This may be the worst post of yours...which is sayng a lot.

UF didn't just lose Gilislee and Reed moron, I listed the other offensive players. They lost a combined 14 starters between offense, defense, and special teams, that's practically an entirely new team. For you to assert that they were the same team who went 11-2 is beyond dumb.

You're the one revising history. You claim they were good before injuries ravaged them, how the **** would you know? They hadn't played a game before a majority of the injuries piled up. Most of the injuries occured during spring, did you happen to see them play a game at that point to know they were good or something? What are you basing them being good on? What the team the year before did? The team that for all intents and purposes lost every meaningful starter to graduation or the draft? They had so many injuries they couldn't even play a spring game yet here you are claiming they were good before injuries LOL. Because CaneAlmighty saw UF scrimmage during the spring to determine they were good. You prove time and again you don't have many brain cells.

Who gives a ****? Your chicken **** Gators got their tails clipped and Ibid ate them for lunch. U*** was a top 10 ranked team and your stupid fans and AD was talking mad ****.

Don't come here making excuses as to why the Canes beat that ***. This is the Canes baby! Beating Gator *** is what we do! Try applying pressure to renew the series. Until it's renewed you will always be the chicken **** Gaytors to me. Miami owns you cowards and the war canoe resides in Gables *****!

Advertisement
That's them, I can't be held accountable for what other fans do or think. I predicted on this site multiple times Miami would win, feel free to check. I was here before the game, during the game, and after the game...never talked ****.

I also had us at 8-4 with an outside shot at 9-3, I didn't expect that team to be anything special. And I'm not making excuses, like I said if I was a Miami fan I wouldn't give a ****. I'm just adding to the discussion and pointing out that in no way could that be considered a quality win. That team was trash and barely had any depth before the first game. They should not have been in the top 10.

Last edited:
so if we played all D2 teams and went 9-3 would that be improvement?

Stopped reading after this, if the rest is as dumb as this first sentence, not worth reading.

it is hyperbole to highlight the FACT that win/loss alone is not an indicator of improvement. you have to consider who you played.

you drooling ******

This has to be a shtick, you cannot really be THAT stupid.....

You and your fellow mopes should get together and come up with a game plan you all agree with, your excuses for winning more are all over the place.

"The FACT that win/loss alone is not an indicator of improvement" :ibisroflmao:

I'm going to go very slowly:

Win Loss ALONE <-------key word here

is not an indicator of improvement.

we had a better record because or OOC schedule was ****tier. plain and simple

you are a mouth breathing ******

Advertisement
Student gets C's and D's taking AP classes at his high school. The next year, his advisor suggests he takes more basic level classes. He improves to B's. What is the conclusion?

Advertisement
Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 1h
#Canes 1st team defense today: DL-Kamalu, Hamilton, Moore, Muhammad. LB-Perryman, Kirby, Figueroa. CB-Howard, Crawford. S-Bush, Carter

Student gets C's and D's taking AP classes at his high school. The next year, his advisor suggests he takes more basic level classes. He improves to B's and a couple A's. What is the conclusion?

You can do better than that.

Yeah probably. Either way, I think it is analogous enough.

The problem with your analogy and why it cannot be taking serious is you are using "extreme" differences. Anyone who took AP Algebra vs "basic" algebra knows there is a huge difference. If you would have said AP Algebra vs Honors Algebra, then you might have something. Seeing as our SOS in 2012 was 42nd vs 2013 SOS which was 44th. Yes, there is a difference, it's right there is black and white. The difference is negligible.

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 1h
#Canes 1st team defense today: DL-Kamalu, Hamilton, Moore, Muhammad. LB-Perryman, Kirby, Figueroa. CB-Howard, Crawford. S-Bush, Carter

That's encouraging - there's injuries keeping a few guys out, but the only person in that list that most folks aren't counting on is Moore

Student gets C's and D's taking AP classes at his high school. The next year, his advisor suggests he takes more basic level classes. He improves to B's and a couple A's. What is the conclusion?

You can do better than that.

Yeah probably. Either way, I think it is analogous enough.

The problem with your analogy and why it cannot be taking serious is you are using "extreme" differences. Anyone who took AP Algebra vs "basic" algebra knows there is a huge difference. If you would have said AP Algebra vs Honors Algebra, then you might have something. Seeing as our SOS in 2012 was 42nd vs 2013 SOS which was 44th. Yes, there is a difference, it's right there is black and white. The difference is negligible.

You don't think replacing Two BCS teams with fcs team aren't extreme?

Advertisement
Back