Deepest QB draft in recent history - where does that leave TVD/Miami?

At least fields was elite in college, travis is good but not college fields status
Ahhhh I don't wanna play just contrarian, for contrarian sake, but he had 1st round draft picks as receivers and the guy did tonnes of work on his feet, so he was throwing to open players often, or guys who would get 50/50 balls often.
Statistically he was elite, but if you broke him down, he was technically average ish.

TVD this year, I find it a bit of both, sometimes he lays out a great ball for his guys, but other times, his receivers have bailed him out, and other times his receivers just outright have dropped some.

I dunno, it'll be fun seein' what happens 3 years form now.

Advertisement
Ahhhh I don't wanna play just contrarian, for contrarian sake, but he had 1st round draft picks as receivers and the guy did tonnes of work on his feet, so he was throwing to open players often, or guys who would get 50/50 balls often.
Statistically he was elite, but if you broke him down, he was technically average ish.

TVD this year, I find it a bit of both, sometimes he lays out a great ball for his guys, but other times, his receivers have bailed him out, and other times his receivers just outright have dropped some.

I dunno, it'll be fun seein' what happens 3 years form now.
I agree, fields had flaws in college that we are seeing play out now and of course the talent around him helped but he still has good tools, really good arm talent and solid accuracy but he lacks in everything else u need to be successful at qb,mainly he doesn’t process fast enough, he does everything in slow motion lol even his drop back is slow asf.

Travis doesn’t have a big arm, he’s not the athlete fields is, his footwork is probably worse than fields is, he’s probably a better processor tho. But fields was widely considered the 2nd or 3rd best qb in college travis isn’t that and wouldn’t even if he had osu talent around him

But yea tvd is a solid qb from a nfl perspective. Most of these college qbs are heavily flawed and not the nfl prospect most people think they are lol

Caleb and Maye are a cut above the rest. The others have the potential to get a GM fired. Penix will have the best numbers in the country and has a rocket arm. But I don’t see it for the league.

Stay and get reps because you won't get tons as a backup in the NFL. It isn't about getting drafted. It is about getting drafted and being able to start. If you aren't starter material day one, it will be a lot tougher to make big $ let alone get to that second contract.
Top 5 picks start immediately and often have a yr or two to settle in before anyone judges their development. not often the case beyond that.

I still think being drafted in the 1st round with a pro bowl level qb in front of you is the best way to enter the league for a shot at long term success.

Usually, these teams are picking in the last 8 or so picks. Playoff teams with established QBs and higher picks from trades usually draft best available or need inside the top 15 trying to build a Superbowl roster but there's value at qb in the late first round for playoff teams

This usually means you can learn from a good QB in a system that is productive and play with a team that has an established, successful culture with good players around you.

Looking at the current landscape not a ton of the best teams have QBs that play with a similar style and skillset to TVD.

If I was TVD I'd be hoping to go to a team like Miami or Dallas. They seem like the best fits with similar skillset QBs that are likely to miss time or retire within 3 to 4 years

Advertisement
When we beat NC everything changes, TVD's ranking, the team's ranking and so forth

When we beat NC everything changes, TVD's ranking, the team's ranking and so forth
SIGMAR!!!!! Nice to see you man. I've been reticent to be around much.

You right dough. we beat pUNC the narrative changes dramatically.

Never underestimate Mario. He somehow got a surefire 1st rounder to comeback to Oregon. IF Miami falls just short (loss in ACCG etc..) their will be this sense of “comeback and leave a legend” type hype going around with TVD.

That being said, if TVD continues to go scorched earth he will get a top 50 pick grade. Only two QBs more talented than him on this original list are Maye and Caleb.

Advertisement
Maye is a stud.. I dont see bust in him at all..
Do me a favor and post his stats from the last 9 games he has played. Maye has above avg accuracy, above avg athleticism but only avg arm strength and has a tendency to make dumb plays of which he has tended to get lucky. Case in point, TD to Josh Downs vs us last year.

Out of those “Top 7” from McShay the only two I would have ahead of TVD right now is Caleb Williams and Penix. I have to admit, I was totally sleeping on Penix, big time. I’ve watched a couple of his games this year and what really surprised me is his arm strength. That dude has an absolute cannon…when he releases the ball it’s like it was shot out of a rocket.

Do me a favor and post his stats from the last 9 games he has played. Maye has above avg accuracy, above avg athleticism but only avg arm strength and has a tendency to make dumb plays of which he has tended to get lucky. Case in point, TD to Josh Downs vs us last year.
So you peg him as a day three pick or UDFA?

Advertisement
Put me in the camp that Maye is worth a top pick. Kid is a baller. And I don’t know how anyone can discount what Penix is doing. Kid is accurate and has a gun. No one seems to talk about Ewers, but he’s ready made for the NFL. And he’s really matured. Yeah, this QB draft is deep.

Advertisement
Out of those “Top 7” from McShay the only two I would have ahead of TVD right now is Caleb Williams and Penix. I have to admit, I was totally sleeping on Penix, big time. I’ve watched a couple of his games this year and what really surprised me is his arm strength. That dude has an absolute cannon…when he releases the ball it’s like it was shot out of a rocket.
What state is Penix from and why should we recruit more qbs from the state?.

Advertisement
Back