Deepest QB draft in recent history - where does that leave TVD/Miami?

It will be good to have him against Florida. It will give us another year to try and recruit his replacement. Sucks that 2024 schedule is so weak. Especially since we dropped ND.

But we need to get Matt Lee and Kam to come back as well. That will be a championship roster.
He's already on the team and I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Advertisement
I’d have TVD somewhere around 6th for this (expected) class right now

Advertisement
If he came back, it would be the first time since he’s been here that he’s had an OC for two straight seasons as the full time starter. That would be insane and gives emory enough time to continue to develop. And we also have a really good ‘25 kid in Nickel. That would set us up for a good string of QBs and then it just gets easier to get those elite ones like a Clemson did. One can only dream.

If Jordan Travis can use all his eligibility, why can’t TVD? NIL should be able to convince TVD to remain one more season.

Advertisement
This was Russillo's pod, right?

If so, did you understand what Russillo meant when he referenced him and McShay watching Penix Jr in Miami?

McShay might want to completely lay off the sauce too if he still confidentially has Shedeur at that 3 spot and is certain he's a first round pick. Kiper apparently has the kid at 5th overall if he comes out after this year. Please. Can we even wait for him to face his SECOND good P5 defense? Or even see what he does against a relatively average one this week in USC?

word.

that mcshay list reminds me of the month that brad kaaya was projected to be the no. 1 pick in the draft.

good times.

Listening to Todd McShay this morning on a podcast and he laid out a lot of interesting facts about this years NFL draft, specifically how it is by far the deepest QB draft he can remember in his 20 years covering NCAAF/NFL. Some key points:

- 4-to-4.5 QBs go in the first three rounds on average; thinks it will be higher this year, but any QB outside of the composite "top 10" may end up very late in the draft or go UDFA. There are WAY more QB prospects entering the draft this year and not enough teams to take them all.

- Todd's composite ranking of QBs right now are as follows (these are names he thinks could go in first 3 rounds based on evaluation alone):
1. Caleb Williams (USC)
2. Drake May (UNC)
3. Shedeur Sanders (Colorado) <-- thinks Deon will talk him into staying one more year
4. Quinn Ewers (Texas)
5. Michael Penix (Washington)
6. Riley Leonard (Duke)
7. Bo Nix (Oregon)

- Next level QBs on a lot of NFL teams' boards include Spencer Rattler (South Carolina), Jordan Travis (FSU), Jaydan Daniels (LSU), Sam Hartman (ND) and JJ McCarthy (Michigan).

I know we all think TVD is a top-tier college QB (he is) and is deserving of a high draft position (he should be), but based on where things stand today, he isn't even on anyone's radar in this year's draft evaluation. What are the chances he sticks around one more year? This is a freakish QB draft and unless he blows up on the national stage mid/late season, it may benefit him to wait it out one more year.
I definitely wear the Orange and Green shades but this is surprising to me. Maybe the guru’s can shed some light on why some guys are ahead of him.

That said, most 1st round QB’s are busts. Stats bear it out. Top five picks, woof.

Most of those names are laughable. Bo Nix? LOL. Quinn Ewers?? He wasnt impressive last year and hes living off what hes doing this year which is what TVD is doing as well. Shadeur Sanders is going back to Colorado. You can bank on that. He would take a paycut leaving to the NFL...Riley Leonad? Meh..

Maye, Caleb, Penix....all other QBs are in the same bucket to me.

That said, lets revisit this after the Oct 14 showdown. Maye vs TVD. If TVD goes shot for shot with him...he will shoot up draft boards. That game will absolutely be on ABC primetime so TVD will have his chance.
Nix is just as good or better than Tyler statistically, he's also more mobile. I don't think he has Tyler's arm talent though. The NFL also love guys with a lot of starts, and personality traits are huge. Tyler is trying to do this year what Bo did last year, bounce back and get respect back on his name.

Advertisement
Listening to Todd McShay this morning on a podcast and he laid out a lot of interesting facts about this years NFL draft, specifically how it is by far the deepest QB draft he can remember in his 20 years covering NCAAF/NFL. Some key points:

- 4-to-4.5 QBs go in the first three rounds on average; thinks it will be higher this year, but any QB outside of the composite "top 10" may end up very late in the draft or go UDFA. There are WAY more QB prospects entering the draft this year and not enough teams to take them all.

- Todd's composite ranking of QBs right now are as follows (these are names he thinks could go in first 3 rounds based on evaluation alone):
1. Caleb Williams (USC)
2. Drake May (UNC)
3. Shedeur Sanders (Colorado) <-- thinks Deon will talk him into staying one more year
4. Quinn Ewers (Texas)
6. Riley Leonard (Duke)
7. Bo Nix (Oregon)

- Next level QBs on a lot of NFL teams' boards include Spencer Rattler (South Carolina), Jordan Travis (FSU), Jaydan Daniels (LSU), Sam Hartman (ND) and JJ McCarthy (Michigan).

I know we all think TVD is a top-tier college QB (he is) and is deserving of a high draft position (he should be), but based on where things stand today, he isn't even on anyone's radar in this year's draft evaluation. What are the chances he sticks around one more year? This is a freakish QB draft and unless he blows up on the national stage mid/late season, it may benefit him to wait it out one more year.
Jordan Travis can’t play in the nfl lol any GM that takes him before r5 should be fired

If TVD comes back next year. I honestly don't see anybody on our schedule. We would have a top 5 QB, RB, WR, and DE. You get Kam and Taylor to come back and well be ranked top 5 nationally. FSU and Clemson losing everybody.

All three back

oooh GIF

Advertisement
A lot of those dudes on that list are mid/late round flyer type picks. Not many of them have the accuracy and processing skills for the NFL. Fast thinking/reading of the defense and accurate throws are traits that translate.

Lol at Jordan Travis, Bo Nix, or Rattler being anything but a late round to UDFA pick ups.

1. Caleb Williams (USC)
2. Drake May (UNC)
4. Quinn Ewers (Texas)
6. Riley Leonard (Duke)
7. Bo Nix (Oregon)

I've noticed that too. Nobody talking about TVD. I think there's a chance he comesback next year but keep this in mind that Drew is his agent. Drew has a history of convincing players at the U to come out early when they should have stayed an extra year

Advertisement
Back