Deejay-my hot take

Has all the makings of a Heisman candidate and will be in the running next year. He has so many opportunities to have impact on a game through special teams, playing running back, wild cat formations, and flexed out as receiver.

Even in his limited play thus far you see the kind of impact he has on games. Imagine an entire year of playing and production. Amazing athleticism and instincts.

He is a natural.

same clown who was scared two weeks ago. OP is going on my ignore list. Tired of guys just making threads to here themselves think.

?

Advertisement
well he's going to need to drop about 15 lbs. dude looks like a new-born baby with that pop belly and baby fat. he's got to lean out.

but love his skillset. he has a nice toolbox

Does his pants above the knee at least negate a little of the pop belly?

Slot back, jet sweeps reverses, wildcat, all that

Hopefully we see more and more of those plays implemented.
Richt also said there is a play where he throws the ball from the direct snap formation. I'd also like to see him handoff on the jet sweep as you mention to someone like Thomas or Harley.

Advertisement
I'd like to see him be the primary kickoff returner more. I know Thomas is blazing fast, but he keeps running into tacklers on the kickoffs.

well he's going to need to drop about 15 lbs. dude looks like a new-born baby with that pop belly and baby fat. he's got to lean out.

but love his skillset. he has a nice toolbox

Does his pants above the knee at least negate a little of the pop belly?

you know what: i forgot about those pants. i should have suspected something with that athletic dive for the touchdown. that was nice!

he needs to get them a liitle higher, but he's only a frosh so we've got time

DJ is more ideally a slot than that of a RB. He has the hands to be dynamic and that is where the high tempo game is going posing as a RB but flexe out for the lb mismatch.

Your better athletes usually go to db. Plus a much longer career and more money in the nfl than rb.

Advertisement
I’ve said I don’t see richt making him a pure “rb”. I see him used in in wildcat, spread out, etc. don’t see him as just toting the ball 20 times a game like homer or lingard or a “true” rb.

Not a chance in the world. Will never get enough touches for this to be entertained any further than this absurd thread.

Will never be the primary receiver. Will never be the primary running back. Will never win any awards or be on any watch lists.

Will go down as a great cane though.

Westcoast,
I agree, but, he could get a ton of recognition as an all purpose back if he’s scoring at rb, qb, wr, maybe punt or ko returns. I could see this his Jr year if richt decides to use him that way.

Advertisement
Westcoast,
I agree, but, he could get a ton of recognition as an all purpose back if he’s scoring at rb, qb, wr, maybe punt or ko returns. I could see this his Jr year if richt decides to use him that way.

well, that's the key. How Richt will use him. But if he is back returning punts next year after Berrios leaves you can add to his potential touches per game. He got 12 touches and scored 2 tds against ND. You feel he is close to breaking one on a long run, almost broke one on a middle screen against NC. He is elusive as **** and the td where he soared a few feet above the pylon and seamlessly rolled over back on his feet showed tremendous body control. Flabby belly or not. Kid can play.

I’ve said I don’t see richt making him a pure “rb”. I see him used in in wildcat, spread out, etc. don’t see him as just toting the ball 20 times a game like homer or lingard or a “true” rb.

AKA "All-purpose back"

Advertisement
I don't know if he's gonna win the Heisman, but at the very least, he's already the new Jason Geathers.

Advertisement
Back