Deejay-my hot take

well he's going to need to drop about 15 lbs. dude looks like a new-born baby with that pop belly and baby fat. he's got to lean out.

but love his skillset. he has a nice toolbox

richt said pretty much the exact opposite...that he was dropping weight to play reciever.and that is one of the things that is not fair for him being thrown into the rb position mid season.

exactly. duval couldn't have gotten that one more wrong.

Advertisement
Duval is just being an *** on purpose. He knows deejay doesn’t need to lose 15 lbs.

Still can't believe most people here wanted him on defense.

What a crazy idea to have a special playmaking athlete with football instincts play at one of the toughest and most important defensive positions that perfectly fits his skillset and so happens to have appeared to be one of the thinnest spots on our team heading into the season

Advertisement

What a crazy idea to have a special playmaking athlete with football instincts play at one of the toughest and most important defensive positions that perfectly fits his skillset and so happens to have appeared to be one of the thinnest spots on our team heading into the season

Dugans thought it was a crazy idea and fought tooth and nail to keep him as a play maker on offense.
I tend to agree with guys like him more often then people on here who think they can plug people in positions like it is Madden.
Call me crazy.

Dugans thought it was a crazy idea and fought tooth and nail to keep him as a play maker on offense.
I tend to agree with guys like him more often then people on here who think they can plug people in positions like it is Madden.
Call me crazy.

I will.

Why do you think Dugans had to fight tooth and nail to keep him at safety? I promise it wasn't because a percentage of fans on a message board were intrigued by his ability at DB. It was because some of our very own defensive coaches wanted him there. He even took reps at DB during last summer's Paradise Camp. Stick to the type of football in your avatar.

Call me crazy.

I will.

Why do you think Dugans had to fight tooth and nail to keep him at safety? I promise it wasn't because a percentage of fans on a message board were intrigued by his ability at DB. It was because some of our very own defensive coaches wanted him there. He even took reps at DB during last summer's Paradise Camp. Stick to the type of football in your avatar.
Paradise camp is not Canes Camp.

The ideas float around all the time for players to be played at certain positions. I can except that.
But a playmaker like this has to be on offense. It is obvious to some. But not to you for some reason.

Advertisement

Call me crazy.

I will.

The ideas float around all the time for players to be played at certain positions. I can except that.
But a playmaker like this has to be on offense. It is obvious to some. But not to you for some reason.

Same very much could have been said for the likes of Sean Taylor (FHSAA single season rushing TD record holder), Ed Reed, and many more. Even someone like Rayshawn Jenkins was a dynamic offensive playmaker and probably could have been a WR for us. Many who wanted Deejay on defense were in no way opposed to the idea of him playing offense. I knew he would excel at a number of positions.

I can't make you see things my way and I could not care less about that. Would be good if you had the sense to realize that there are more ways to see things than just your way.

I can already see the dumb ways you're going to twist this conversation with straw-man arguments, so let me just preemptively tell you I'm not interested.

Call me crazy.

I will.

Same very much could have been said for the likes of Sean Taylor (FHSAA single season rushing TD record holder), Ed Reed, and many more. Even someone like Rayshawn Jenkins was a dynamic offensive playmaker and probably could have been a WR for us. Many who wanted Deejay on defense were in no way opposed to the idea of him playing offense. I knew he would excel at a number of positions.

I can't make you see things my way and I could not care less about that. Would be good if you had the sense to realize that there are more ways to see things than just your way.

I can already see the dumb ways you're going to twist this conversation with straw-man arguments, so let me just preemptively tell you I'm not interested.

Each individual is different. Each case is different.
I just don't think you or anyone can make a case for this specific player to be on defense which is the topic at hand. You talk about stawman arguments when you were the one who brought up my avatar as if it had anything to do with the conversation or argument.
Funny.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Strawman or straw man?

Or as you put it in your prior post "stawman"

Accept or except?

Than or then?

Just asking based on your grammar choices in this thread.

The funny thing is that you brought up something like my avatar discrediting my knowledge on the subject when it has nothing to do with the thread or the topic at hand. You are not even attempting to make an argument on behalf of putting him on defense. And as the weeks go by it will be much more difficult.

Strawman or straw man?

Accept or except?

Than or then?

The funny thing is that you brought up something like my avatar discrediting my knowledge on the subject when it has nothing to do with the thread or the topic at hand. You are not even attempting to make an argument on behalf of putting him on defense. And as the weeks go by it will be much more difficult.

There's the straw-man I was waiting for.

Nonetheless, I have been sucked into responding to you way more than I should have.

(1) I love Deejay on offense and always have; I just know he would have been equally successful on defense (that's the special type of football player he is)

(2) I feel zero need to justify my thinking to you, even though I have alluded to it. Why don't you go ahead and push the many other knowledgeable posters who wanted Deejay on defense on this subject to satiate your strange complex?

(3) Wow, you are incapable of a reasonable exchange or use of logic

(4) Enjoy typing your inevitable response to this post because you need to have the last word (good news-- it's all yours!)

Strawman or straw man?

Accept or except?

Than or then?

There's the straw-man I was waiting for.

Nonetheless, I have been sucked into responding to you way more than I should have.

(1) I love Deejay on offense and always have; I just know he would have been equally successful on defense (that's the special type of football player he is)

(2) I feel zero need to justify my thinking to you, even though I have alluded to it. Why don't you go ahead and push the many other knowledgeable posters who wanted Deejay on defense on this subject to satiate your strange complex?

(3) Wow, you are incapable of a reasonable exchange or use of logic

(4) Enjoy typing your inevitable response to this post because you need to have the last word (good news-- it's all yours!)

How do you know he would have been equally successful on defense?
You dont need to justify your thinking. Just like you did not need to reply to my initial post in a sarcastic, condescending way.
I don't adhere to your logic or what you present as logic.
I did.

Advertisement
Back