Deejay Dallas to CB or FS... thoughts?

No you gotta keep deejay on the offensive side I would like to see him as our gadget player ... Sort of how the Rams use tavon Austin but Dallas would be more lethal

Advertisement
Ya'll know where I stand on this one from forever ago. I thought he should get a look at DB. Maybe he doesn't stick there, but it'd be worth the look... at minimum.

Currently we

Currently on scholarship we have Homer, Dallas if that's where you classify him, Lingard, Davis, Burns, Gray and Atkins if they renew his. Officially on the roster Dallas is listed as an "Athlete" and that's how it should be. Mcintosh should be brought in as an athlete, but I think he projects best as a linebacker. If the top guys want in you make room for them within reason.

anyways, we wouldn't not recruit another RB because we have Deejay who can play any position, that makes no sense.
Personally I think Deejay will be more of a WR here than a RB. I actually think he was our backup slot wr all year to Braxton. So with Berrios leaving there is a hole there. Whether the staff will try to move Harley or Thomas there, if Pope will step up, or if Deejay just slides right in there is tbd.

Personally I think it'll be:
RB: Homer > Lingard/Dallas > Burns > Gray > Davis (RS)

WRX: Ahmmon > Cager/Hightower > Langham > Njoku
WRZ: Thomas > Pope > Harris > Wiggins (RS) > Ezzard (RS)
WRSlot: Dallas > Harley > Pope/Thomas

With Deejay getting Reps at RB also, so Harley/Pope/Thomas would slide down into the slot a lot. and i'm sure the big dudes I have listed at X will be on the field at the same time

Redwine is not a Miami-caliber safety, IMO.

I disagree.... I think Redwine is better than guys like Greg Threat and Mo Sikes that started for us before. But it is a more ideal situation if he came off the bench.

An athlete like Deejay Dallas at FS would be like having another Jaquan Johnson in terms of impact from the safety position.

Advertisement
Any thought to move DeeJay Dallas from running back to cornerback or safety Sheldrick Redwine back to cornerback?

“No,” Rumph said. “What we have right now we’re excited about. I love DeeJay. He asks me all the time, ‘Could I come back over?’ Sheldrick has done it. But I love the role he plays at safety because he can cover and communicate and tackle like he does at safety.”

Judging from that quote in the Miami Herald it sounds like Deejay wants to play defense....

/ where there is smoke :tedbong:

Redwine is a serviceable safety though he seems limited athletically to my eyes. He still might have been our 3rd or 4th best DB last year. In a great secondary, he'd be the 5th or 6th guy.

Redwine is a serviceable safety though he seems limited athletically to my eyes. He still might have been our 3rd or 4th best DB last year. In a great secondary, he'd be the 5th or 6th guy.
Hall, Carter, and Smith were Seniors, I don't think Redwine would be getting much PT. But he's not bad either - Knowles and Finley are bad, and he's clearly waaay better than them.

Advertisement
I disagree.... I think Redwine is better than guys like Greg Threat and Mo Sikes that started for us before. But it is a more ideal situation if he came off the bench.

An athlete like Deejay Dallas at FS would be like having another Jaquan Johnson in terms of impact from the safety position.

not sure he is better than Mo Sikes lol. i cant insult Finley by putting him in with Knowles. Knowles is horrible. almost single-handily cost us the FSU game.

Deejay is like our Jason Geathers.

He is an instinctive ball-hawk. He has that sixth sense of finding daylight. It's just that he's not a full time RB or WR. There is no reason his talents can't be used on both sides in the manner of a (Jabril) Peppers or Woodson or Hester. Especially the numbers game we have on offensive playmakers. Wildcat, third downs, WR screens, safety, returns. mmmm i'm all in on the MOARR DeeJay side.

Advertisement
Ya'll know where I stand on this one from forever ago. I thought he should get a look at DB. Maybe he doesn't stick there, but it'd be worth the look... at minimum.
I personally don't want him bouncing around trying to find where he fits best. That rarely works out, since kids are usually only around for 4 years. In my opinion he should be used as a 3rd down back, or out of the backfield as a receiver. No LB can cover him. I think with better QB play you will see him get more touches.

I think Redwine might be our most underrated player

sheldrick-redwine.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back