Deejay Dallas steps up on Saturday

Advertisement
Those of us that have been somewhat critical of Richt's play-calling, this is why.

Since Spring, we've heard nothing but great things about Deejay & his potential role in this offense.

Kid was an EE, all he did was make big catches & snatch the ball out of the air, but he simply hasn't been used until UNC. But that's the point, he should have been... It shouldn't have taken this long to get him the **** ball.

Run him on screen play, get him the ball in the open field with some blockers in front of him & just let him run.

And for everybody shocked he was fast, did you not ever watch his HS tape? He was lightening in bottle even at QB.

He doesn't have blazing speed, but he was a legit 4.5 that was extremely quick as a running QB.

We should be happy he wanted to be a Cane, because if he accidentally landed in GTech he would be killing us as a Trip Option QB in their system.

He's a dynamic athlete & I fully understand with a having rotation of 8-10 WR's deep the targets just aren't always going to be there, but when you're an OC your whole job is to find mismatches against Defenses & exploit them.

Even as TF's kids like Deejay & Jeff Thomas are matchup nightmares for DC's when utilized properly.

yep...get the snap and put the ball in the hands of your playmakers. It's like we purposefully make things harder on ourselves.

That's why its so annoying hearing that Right not trusting Rosier is the reason the offense sucks. it makes it EASIER for Rosier when you find easy ways to get playmakers the ball on short passes. Creativity doesn't mean complicated

Im more concerned to see if Richards is healthy and if he's going to catch the ball this week. If he's playing well it opens it up for the pups to get open.

Advertisement
Deejay is the #2 RB this year and he will fill in for Homer just fine. Choc is not a P5 RB and he will sit on the bench where he belongs.

DJ is as close to Walton as we're going to get in terms of improvising with the ball... I would alternate drives between DJ and Homer for the first quarter to see how that pans out... we might get surprised and we can keep Homer fresh.

Those of us that have been somewhat critical of Richt's play-calling, this is why.

Since Spring, we've heard nothing but great things about Deejay & his potential role in this offense.

Kid was an EE, all he did was make big catches & snatch the ball out of the air, but he simply hasn't been used until UNC. But that's the point, he should have been... It shouldn't have taken this long to get him the **** ball.

Run him on screen play, get him the ball in the open field with some blockers in front of him & just let him run.

And for everybody shocked he was fast, did you not ever watch his HS tape? He was lightening in bottle even at QB.

He doesn't have blazing speed, but he was a legit 4.5 that was extremely quick as a running QB.

We should be happy he wanted to be a Cane, because if he accidentally landed in GTech he would be killing us as a Trip Option QB in their system.

He's a dynamic athlete & I fully understand with a having rotation of 8-10 WR's deep the targets just aren't always going to be there, but when you're an OC your whole job is to find mismatches against Defenses & exploit them.

Even as TF's kids like Deejay & Jeff Thomas are matchup nightmares for DC's when utilized properly.

yep...get the snap and put the ball in the hands of your playmakers. It's like we purposefully make things harder on ourselves.

That's why its so annoying hearing that Right not trusting Rosier is the reason the offense sucks. it makes it EASIER for Rosier when you find easy ways to get playmakers the ball on short passes. Creativity doesn't mean complicated

Dafug? We've been running 800000 short passes per game.

Not a running back... is a slot receiver / utility. Would definitely keep him on offense though.

Advertisement
DJ is as close to Walton as we're going to get in terms of improvising with the ball... I would alternate drives between DJ and Homer for the first quarter to see how that pans out... we might get surprised and we can keep Homer fresh.

He had 1 catch out of the slot and you think Richt is going to alternate him with Homer every other series? Id be shocked if he saw two series all game at rb. Homer is the horse and will get breathers here and there.

Our Oline better wake the **** up this week. It's put up or shut up week.

Deejay looked good bit bigger than when I saw him play in high school last year. He got dat dog in em.

1. Dugans runs the WR rotations.
2. AR, Berrios, Thomas and Herndon are all higher on the pecking order for targets.
3. Dallas has been practicing as a running back for the past three weeks, and he ain’t as good as Homer in anything, yet. Maybe that changes in the future.

Kid touches the ball for the first time all season and breaks a big play.

If he didn't veer left after he shook the safety he would've had 6!!! Great play by him regardless!

that was a nasty move... and just looked at the replay you are absolutely right!!!! why he veered left i dont know

afte that one play i know hes better then Choc
I laughed my *** off when I seen that ****... I thought he was about to lit up by the safety...

Advertisement
Gotta spread Vag Tech out and make them play in space. Go 4 wide and run in the natural lanes. Make them cover the entire field and don't let Foster tee off on you with that football in a phone booth ****.
Agreed.

Our OL needs to step up bigtime. There’s plenty of talent on the line but they have a habit of making ginormous **** ups that cost us. Guys like Darling and KC have been here for a long time waiting for a game like this. Time for them to play like it.

This game is on the OL. They're the weakest unit on the team right now, and the reason for the struggles in the middle of last season. VT is going to try to make Miami one-dimensional, like they were against UNC...and Syracuse...and FSU. They haven't been able to run reliably most of the year, taking away some of the gash plays, like against Syracuse at the end.

Advertisement

Yoooo....I don't want to even imagine him as a QB in GT's offense.

Matchup nightmare.

Advertisement
Back