Deejay Dallas steps up on Saturday

Advertisement
Dallas is a smart tough guy and a natural ball carrier. I’m sure they’ve been force feeding him over the past two weeks. I’d expect to see him in a bigger role Saturday night.

Those of us that have been somewhat critical of Richt's play-calling, this is why.

Since Spring, we've heard nothing but great things about Deejay & his potential role in this offense.

Kid was an EE, all he did was make big catches & snatch the ball out of the air, but he simply hasn't been used until UNC. But that's the point, he should have been... It shouldn't have taken this long to get him the **** ball.

Run him on screen play, get him the ball in the open field with some blockers in front of him & just let him run.

And for everybody shocked he was fast, did you not ever watch his HS tape? He was lightening in bottle even at QB.

He doesn't have blazing speed, but he was a legit 4.5 that was extremely quick as a running QB.

We should be happy he wanted to be a Cane, because if he accidentally landed in GTech he would be killing us as a Trip Option QB in their system.

He's a dynamic athlete & I fully understand with a having rotation of 8-10 WR's deep the targets just aren't always going to be there, but when you're an OC your whole job is to find mismatches against Defenses & exploit them.

Even as TF's kids like Deejay & Jeff Thomas are matchup nightmares for DC's when utilized properly.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If we can just establish the run enough to make these boys go man coverage....

No one can cover our skill guys 1 on 1.

We should be happy he wanted to be a Cane, because if he accidentally landed in GTech he would be killing us as a Trip Option QB in their system.

Or landed on a team struggling with run blocking that figured out that it could use Dallas as a Wildcat qb for 6-7 snaps and throw defenses for a loop. Man, can you imagine how lucky a team would be to have a player with that sort of skill set? Only a blind O Coordinator wouldn't be able to see that.

Advertisement
He should be 2nd string this week.

I am thinking he will get between 5 to 10 snaps. He has shown the coaches what he can do. And we need a fresh Homer in the 4th quarter this game.

Everyone knows this kid is more than ready to play physically. It's obvious that it's the mental game that's not quite ready. If he's not picking up the pass protection or route running sufficiently, he won't play.

Good or bad, Richt has shown a kid will need to earn the TRUST of the coaches to get playing time.

Those of us that have been somewhat critical of Richt's play-calling, this is why.

Since Spring, we've heard nothing but great things about Deejay & his potential role in this offense.

Kid was an EE, all he did was make big catches & snatch the ball out of the air, but he simply hasn't been used until UNC. But that's the point, he should have been... It shouldn't have taken this long to get him the **** ball.

Run him on screen play, get him the ball in the open field with some blockers in front of him & just let him run.

And for everybody shocked he was fast, did you not ever watch his HS tape? He was lightening in bottle even at QB.

He doesn't have blazing speed, but he was a legit 4.5 that was extremely quick as a running QB.

He's a dynamic athlete & I fully understand with a having rotation of 8-10 WR's deep the targets just aren't always going to be there, but when you're an OC your whole job is to find mismatches against Defenses & exploit them.

Even as TF's kids like Deejay & Jeff Thomas are matchup nightmares for DC's when utilized properly.

yep...get the snap and put the ball in the hands of your playmakers. It's like we purposefully make things harder on ourselves.

Advertisement
I been clamoring for Deejay in the wildcat for short yardage and goal line situations for a month. Before season started Pete & Dmoney said don’t be surprised to see Deejay in some special packages on offense I kinda assumed that’s what they were getting at.

I know I’ll get negged but I just feel like CMR is sand bagging formations and plays until this stretch. Maybe I have on my canes goggles but I’d hope we aren’t this inept as an offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richt needs to bring in someone legit to help get better schemes and plays to get playmakers the ball

Advertisement
Richt needs to bring in someone legit to help get better schemes and plays to get playmakers the ball

I concur. Canes are loading up on skill players. Wait til next year with the cup runneth over. Hate to see such riches go to spoils over an inability to utilize a mother lode of talent!!

Gotta spread Vag Tech out and make them play in space. Go 4 wide and run in the natural lanes. Make them cover the entire field and don't let Foster tee off on you with that football in a phone booth ****.

The kid definitely needs to be on the field more....gotta add at least 2 more packages that fit his ability...wildcat, motion screen, jet sweep etc...many ways to utilize his talent.

Advertisement
Back