DeeJay Dallas role?

jnf2257

Junior
[MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] or anyone else in the know: What's the staff's plan for DeeJay Dallas? After rave reviews coming out of spring and fall camp it's pretty clear he's behind Thomas and Harley. With AR coming back, and so much WR talent coming in next year, are they still planning on having him play WR? Has he been getting any reps at CB? Would be a shame to waste that kind of versatility.

Yes I know it's been only two games into his career, but other freshmen are getting the burn.

Advertisement
I'm wondering given the rotation we have seen at WR and RB whether Deejay is being utilized extensively on scout team?

I expected him to play a lot more. He got a lot of burn in camp and made plays. Still early.

This was a concern for me before, and I wonder: if he doesn't get on the field now at wr, will he ever for starter type minutes. If he doesn't get to use this year to learn a DB position, will he ever get on the field there either for starter type minutes.

Coming in without a defined path like he did is very dangerous in a setting that recruits at a high level. We may very well be bringing in even better receivers (Pope+Hightower+Wiggins>Thomas+Harley+Njoku?), definitely better running backs (Lo + Davis > Burns), definitely better DBs (Jobe+Blades+Ivory+Frierson+Hall+Campbell?>Bandy+Dean+Carter+Smith) in the next class than we did in his class assuming everyone sticks.
[MENTION=303]MIA42178[/MENTION] is hopefully wrong, but probably right.

Special teams contributor is the likely answer to OP question. But there is always movement in the form of transfers and injuries so who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
There were a lot of rave reviews in camp that turned out to be duds.

Typical message board comment wit no substance. The only thing people raved about was his work ethic, size, and ability to snatch balls out of the air. Many folks reiterated that he still needed to learn the position specifically pointing to his poor route running. Of course you ignored all that to make a dumb comment on a, frankly, dumb thread.

[MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] or anyone else in the know: What's the staff's plan for DeeJay Dallas? After rave reviews coming out of spring and fall camp it's pretty clear he's behind Thomas and Harley. With AR coming back, and so much WR talent coming in next year, are they still planning on having him play WR? Has he been getting any reps at CB? Would be a shame to waste that kind of versatility.

Yes I know it's been only two games into his career, but other freshmen are getting the burn.

Currently?! Twitter Hype Man apparently...

Not to mention that he's getting beat out by players with even more "rave" reviews like Harley, berrios, and soon to be Richards.

Advertisement
I wonder if moving him to CB now and letting him transition will be better for both parties long term

Hate to see a talent like him get caught up and lost

There were a lot of rave reviews in camp that turned out to be duds.

Typical message board comment wit no substance. The only thing people raved about was his work ethic, size, and ability to snatch balls out of the air. Many folks reiterated that he still needed to learn the position specifically pointing to his poor route running. Of course you ignored all that to make a dumb comment on a, frankly, dumb thread.

Jevonte Dean & Dee Delaney what's your name?

Advertisement
Move him to DB now before it's too late.

He's behind 8 people at WR.

Man if Walton hadn't come back in the second half none of you would be wanting him moved to DB. Stop being so reactive after two games.

Move him to DB now before it's too late.

He's behind 8 people at WR.

It's already too late to help this year. A switch now only gives him a few months head start on the onslaught from next years class.

Last spring, this is what everybody wanted. The only one speaking about DJ's upside at defensive back was LuCane. I guess sometimes you has to careful what you ask for.

Advertisement
What I want to know is why in the **** he wasn't moved to CB in the fall? The coaches saw what we had at CB. Makes zero sense. Should have switched DeeJay to CB in the fall. Mullins also should have been moved to DB. The lack of depth and athleticism at DB is unacceptable.

What I want to know is why in the **** he wasn't moved to CB in the fall? The coaches saw what we had at CB. Makes zero sense. Should have switched DeeJay to CB in the fall. Mullins also should have been moved to DB. The lack of depth and athleticism at DB is unacceptable.

Maybe it was because he looked good in the Spring and was making circus like catches (reportedly)
And not to mention Dugans seems to love the kid and has said he will fight to keep him on offense.

Honestly I would keep him at WR and RB if needed(hopefully he wont be) until the end of this year. Then let him decide where he wants to play. Let him pick his position of WR, RB, CB, S and keep him there.

Advertisement
Back