Deejay Dallas nearing possible commitment

[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] [MENTION=13955]Zbrod95[/MENTION],

Do you guys see Dallas as a plan A kid? Initially I was under the impression that he was an elite athlete but the more I watch him the more I can see that he is a good athlete but not elite. His versatility makes him an attractive prospect but my main question on him is if he has a high ceiling at any one position. What do you think?

Advertisement
I think it's funny how people on the board are always saying we need to supplement our SO FLA talent with top kids from OOS

Now we are doing just that with the possibility of landing Deejay whose versatility seems top level and still have people nit picking

@DMoney @Zbrod95,

Do you guys see Dallas as a plan A kid? Initially I was under the impression that he was an elite athlete but the more I watch him the more I can see that he is a good athlete but not elite. His versatility makes him an attractive prospect but my main question on him is if he has a high ceiling at any one position. What do you think?

Definitely a Plan A guy. He's not fast but extremely quick with size and coordination. I'm all in with nvalhos' Cyrus Jones comparison.

@DMoney @Zbrod95,

Definitely a Plan A guy. He's not fast but extremely quick with size and coordination. I'm all in with nvalhos' Cyrus Jones comparison.

It's funny that after I made the comparison on this board, I read that bama is recruiting/selling him on being the next Cyrus Jones.. I guess that's what Saban sees too

Hopefully our staff sees the same as well

Advertisement
I watch the kid he reminds me of Hinds Ward for anyone old enough to remember him in college. I see him play D though.

More to playing football than just being an athlete & hopefully dallas has that. looks like a really good football player. excited to have him.

Good athlete, not elite. elite is elijah moore's film. label it however you want, but hes an athletic notch above dallas. elite is reserved for the best or the best for me.

Advertisement
Naw what some of the problem is people think south Florida players are the only ones Miami should be going after for skill positions. Well that's just ridiculous because Georgia produces top teir athletes just behind Florida in terms of the best football players. Deejay Dallas is a baller and if you can't see it then I don't know what to tell you. You don't have offers from Miami, bama, uga, Clemson, Fsu, uf, Oregon and others if you can't play. His film screams play making ability

He's ours no chance we can't land him with the amount of times he visited if he goes some where's else idk what to think lol

Advertisement
saturday at 330 is when hes going to announce

It was going to be 3:30 but he has moved it up to 2:50 PM now. I don't know why.

Would have gave it away if he was to announce at 3:05

I see what you did there :neonu::stormwarningflag-sm:fistbump2:

Well if he is giving a live presentation that starts at 2:50 pm he will probably talk for 15 mins thanking people and what not then at 3:05 pm announce for UM.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Just to touch base on what's been questioned above.. I think he's a definite plan A kid, weapon in all aspects of the game (offense, defense, special teams), a good athlete, but an elite football player. Gotta have those types on the field. Similar to Jaquan Johnson, he's not going to have elite size or speed or anything but he's quick and knows how to play the game and that's what makes him a good player.

We need to pair him with some elite athlete types on offense like: Jerry Jeudy and Darrian Felix and that creates a dynamic offense.

Last edited:
[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] [MENTION=13955]Zbrod95[/MENTION],

Plan A, he's got 36 offers. That sounds like a Plan A kid to me, he's not an elite athlete...but Cyrus Jones isn't either and like others have said he looks like him on tape but just a little bit taller

Why are people satisfied with Cyrus Jones being used as a benchmark for this kid's potential? Jones was a defensive liability for Bama for all but one season and was constantly picked on by teams because of it. He was also one of the most ridiculed players by bama fans. he did turn out to be a good punt returner but we need to set our sights higher if we are to return to greatness. no more B- athletes.....so far this 2017 class is full of those types. we need A+ studs from here on out to turn this thing around quickly.

gotta call it like it is around here and stop trying to fool ourselves.

Why are people satisfied with Cyrus Jones being used as a benchmark for this kid's potential? Jones was a defensive liability for Bama for all but one season and was constantly picked on by teams because of it. He was also one of the most ridiculed players by bama fans. he did turn out to be a good punt returner but we need to set our sights higher if we are to return to greatness. no more B- athletes.....so far this 2017 class is full of those types. we need A+ studs from here on out to turn this thing around quickly.

gotta call it like it is around here and stop trying to fool ourselves.

Wasnt jones drafted in the second round?

Advertisement
Back