Deejay Dallas Is Coming In As A Cb

I don't care if he comes in as a water boy....LOVE this guy's attitude. Hope it's infectious. He's gonna be a great Cane!

Advertisement
This makes the need to bring in more speed/explosive guys at WR even bigger. Scott/Dingle/NJoku is a very Golden Esque WR class at this point.

This makes the need to bring in more speed/explosive guys at WR even bigger. Scott/Dingle/NJoku is a very Golden Esque WR class at this point.

Keep sleeping on dingle. That dude is a man on the field. Physical and can go up and get the ball. He may not be a 4.4 guy but he averaged 30 yards per catch in dade county.

Advertisement

Keep sleeping on dingle. That dude is a man on the field. Physical and can go up and get the ball. He may not be a 4.4 guy but he averaged 30 yards per catch in dade county.

I like Dingle and didn't mean to imply that I didn't. Out of the three he's the one I'd keep.

CMR has made it a point to highlight our lack of speed at WR and he's done nothing to correct it at his juncture.

I also don't think that Dallas starting on defense is for sure. Everything I've heard indicates they want to use him on offense to start. But we will see after this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always felt his upside is higher at DB. Good move.

This is a great move I have always thought he should play in the secondary. Reminds me a lot of Cyrus Jones, just a pure athlete who can respectably play 3 positions at a high level.

Advertisement
I also don't think that Dallas starting on defense is for sure. Everything I've heard indicates they want to use him on offense to start. But we will see after this season

You still doing that chat today?

The little I've seen in them all as of today though, I don't see Dallas beating out anyone in our last class at this point. Scott and Dingle are bigger, so he wouldn't be on their spots either.

I love the attitude Dallas has, but until proven otherwise I see him as a jack of all trades and master of none so far. He plays a lot of positions well, but doesn't wow me at any of them. So stick him in his most natural position, keep him there, and away we go.

I like the spot as a DB. Maybe a slot guy. Got to throw numbers at this spot. But in the end it is all about the DL's getting pressure.

We need CBs. Most importantly, we need high-level CBs. Did he show the athleticism at Paradise to be a high-level CB? I only saw one rep, and he didn't even move his feet by the time the WR walked by him.

Advertisement

We tend to group Scott with Dingle like they are one in the same. "Well, they both ran 4.9's one time so they are the same thing"

Dingle is fast. Fast enough. Just watch the tape. He's also huge for a dude that recently turned 17. He's a four star talent.

Let's slow down on putting this WR class in a box as a bunch of slow dudes and analyzing this without any nuance.

I get the Scott criticism. He has a lot to prove. He's not like Dingle and Dingle is not like him.

Also, Njoku is 6-4 clocking a 4.5. He looks like a really good athlete in how own right. So everybody is just frustrated with Scott.

We tend to group Scott with Dingle like they are one in the same. "Well, they both ran 4.9's one time so they are the same thing"

Dingle is fast. Fast enough. Just watch the tape. He's also huge for a dude that recently turned 17. He's a four star talent.

Let's slow down on putting this WR class in a box as a bunch of slow dudes and analyzing this without any nuance.

I get the Scott criticism. He has a lot to prove. He's not like Dingle and Dingle is not like him.

Also, Njoku is 6-4 clocking a 4.5. He looks like a really good athlete in how own right. So everybody is just frustrated with Scott.
Agree except njoku jr is a bean pole. Def needs a redshirt year. Not saying he won't be good but just like franchise said with corners is true with receivers as well. We need an instant impact freshman in this class for next year to go with other young ones from last year and we dont have that yet in this class.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

Agree except njoku jr is a bean pole. Def needs a redshirt year. Not saying he won't be good but just like franchise said with corners is true with receivers as well. We need an instant impact freshman in this class for next year to go with other young ones from last year and we dont have that yet in this class.

Corners is the biggest need we have tho. Its unfathomable how below miami talent we are at that position

Advertisement
Returning Secondary
CB - Henley, Jackson, Mayes, Redwine, Young
Safety - Jaq. Johnson, Finley, Knowles(CB?)

There are a lot of question marks here - we need to load up in the next 2 recruiting cycles.

Redwine and Young are the only 2 that I see being able to play CB, with the others as ST or transfers.
JJ and Finley are good Safety prospects, but we have no depth. We need an overhaul of talent here,
especially with all the spread teams. You need 4-5 top level CB's now.

17'

CB - CJ Henderson, Trajan Bandy, DeeJay Dallas, Marco Wilson

Safety - Brian Edwards, Amari Carter, Billy Gibson

18'
CB - Josh Jobe, Al Blades Jr, Tyson Campbell, Demetrius Ivey

Safety - Gilbert Frierson

If we could pull off back to back classes like this - Our secondary would be back to Championship level!!!

Jobe will be a S not corner

I like Dingle and didn't mean to imply that I didn't. Out of the three he's the one I'd keep.

CMR has made it a point to highlight our lack of speed at WR and he's done nothing to correct it at his juncture.
Spot on.

I think Richt will get this fixed but right now it needs improvement. There's some big fish out there though.

Spot on.

I think Richt will get this fixed but right now it needs improvement. There's some big fish out there though.

I guess I just dont understand why you take a commit from Rodney Scott but wont take one from Mike Harley at this point. Neither has produced much at the HS level but at least Harley has flat out dominated the camp circuit. Wide Receiver recruiting is one area where Richt has never really killed it, outside of landing AJ Green. Based off his history I'm a little bit concerned with it at this point but am wiling to let this season shake out.

Advertisement
Back