Dee Wiggins

Advertisement
Need to throw Wiggins out there on some of them deep balls too. Brings size and speed

Last edited:
Not sure if he's fastest on team, but he's fast.

Paint job on his helmet slid back a half inch on that one play.

Advertisement
Never hit 24 it was 23
I was with a kid on a visit when it happened and it’s on a chart that Feeley showed us. 24.1 on a punt or kick return coverage. On offense he peaked at like 23.5 and Harley was at like 22.8 and there was someone else at 22.8 I think it was Pope or Thomas.

Blades was the fastest on defense around 22.5 but it was also a special teams coverage. Fastest time they had tracked on a defensive snap was Christian Williams at like 22.2 or something around there and it was while covering Wiggins when he hit 23.5.

I was with a kid on a visit when it happened and it’s on a chart that Feeley showed us. 24.1 on a punt or kick return coverage. On offense he peaked at like 23.5 and Harley was at like 22.8 and there was someone else at 22.8 I think it was Pope or Thomas.

Blades was the fastest on defense around 22.5 but it was also a special teams coverage. Fastest time they had tracked on a defensive snap was Christian Williams at like 22.2 or something around there and it was while covering Wiggins when he hit 23.5.
Wonder how this compares to other teams.

I've thought for a while that one reason we're not as dominant the last couple of decades is that other teams have caught up with our speed. In the '80's, we seemed to have a speed advantage, maybe not so much now. I see our fast guys not getting as much separation and I think maybe other teams have fast secondaries.

I think Wiggins or Harley should be on ST punt/kick return duty. You think Wiggins would be dropping balls? I'm not sure why Osborn is back there as he really doesnt have any speed or elusiveness. Maybe even put a RB back there? Maybe its just Patke not knowing how to coach ST?

I always felt lingard should return kick offs and dj return punts

Advertisement
Wonder how this compares to other teams.

I've thought for a while that one reason we're not as dominant the last couple of decades is that other teams have caught up with our speed. In the '80's, we seemed to have a speed advantage, maybe not so much now. I see our fast guys not getting as much separation and I think maybe other teams have fast secondaries.

I think speed across the board is fine at Miami. I think we’re a little slow on the backend of the defense compared to other elite teams maybe even at LB. IMO the biggest difference is size/strength/age in the trenches. We may look slow because there aren’t as many electrifying playmakers as you would see on Alabama or Clemson... that comes with recruiting. Makes us look slower I guess. Judging by 40s, mph, shuttle, etc i would say we’re in the top 10% at most positions.

If he can solve the drops he can be an amazing WR . Pope Highttower and Wiggins are a great class of WR to have together.

10 catches between the 3 of them. I thought we would see more out of this group honestly. I thought pope would have a Jeudy like impact. This group needs to improve drastically.

10 catches between the 3 of them. I thought we would see more out of this group honestly. I thought pope would have a Jeudy like impact. This group needs to improve drastically.
What gives? We seem to have a lot of guys with enormous talent... and yet... theyre all about as productive as Hightower, or Wiggins, take your pick. None of them are route technicians, maybe thats the thing?

Advertisement
They just aren't as good as we thought they were and they were hyped up to be. Happens all the time around here.
Has nothing to do with,” they just aren’t as good as we thought they were.” Let the season play out

Last edited:
If he can solve the drops he can be an amazing WR . Pope Highttower and Wiggins are a great class of WR to have together.
It really ain't that serious... I see NFL WR's drop passes all the time! He just needs more at-bats

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back