Dee Wiggins

Hard to say x player needs to get involved when OL and defensive breakdowns cost us the first two games. If we win the first two the way we're supposed to then no one is talking about how Enos needs to do this, that or the other. I think we're fine on offense--all things considered--and need to get some life on the defensive side of the ball.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We need a Bigger fast receiver on the field and he is 6'3'', hoping he gets consistent enough to be a big WR for us that can stretch the field. We need a Big Fast WR Now.

Also a lot of posters complain about Dan Enos always starting the Offense off in a Slow Looking Pro-Set. Tell you why I like his offense, he uses that slow starting Pro-Set to gauge the Defense, he is trying to figure out what they are doing, what they are giving him and then he makes his adjustments accordingly. This also helps our young Oline to get a feel for the game IMO.

Enos ran Pro-Set, Spread and RPO's on Saturday, Dude is multi. Offense is not a simple offense an once the OLINE and Jarren keeps improving it is going to be serious.

We've got some dudes with good wheels here. Enos starting to figure out how to utilize

For some reason people keep forgetting dee wiggins drew not 1, not 2 but 3 pass interference calls against Fsu last year. The taylor stubblefield afffect is starting to take shape in terms of guys route running ability. Guys like coach dugans and taylor relied primarily on technique over skills, because their football they didnt have elite athleticism, so alot of times those guys made real good coaches. Our receivers are back to starting to block at a high level again as a whole. The younger guys are maturing mentally and physically. Once guys do get in games now, they are trying to maximize every opportunity now, cause they see and know, wont be many, gotta earn it now for real!

Advertisement
Agree on Wiggins. His speed (and size) were impressive.

That said, got to give Coach Enos some credit for finally integrating the jet sweep into our offensive scheme. We were begging CMR to do this. He wouldn’t. How many jet sweeps did we run against BC? I’m remembering 3. Is that correct?

Trivia: when was the last time the Canes ran 3 jet sweeps in the same game?
Answer: I have no idea. Can’t remember 3 in one game.
I can’t remember 3 jet sweeps in a season.

Advertisement
I think Wiggins or Harley should be on ST punt/kick return duty. You think Wiggins would be dropping balls? I'm not sure why Osborn is back there as he really doesnt have any speed or elusiveness. Maybe even put a RB back there? Maybe its just Patke not knowing how to coach ST?

I think Wiggins or Harley should be on ST punt/kick return duty. You think Wiggins would be dropping balls? I'm not sure why Osborn is back there as he really doesnt have any speed or elusiveness. Maybe even put a RB back there? Maybe its just Patke not knowing how to coach ST?
I was curious why Osborn was back there when we were that far ahead in a blowout. My guess they are repping him for a more important situation in the ACC play?

Advertisement
Fastest guy on the team in terms of the mph tracking.
Fastest man period. They all ran heads up in sets to determine this in practice before the season. The final 3 was Wiggins, Pope and Thomas. Wiggins finished first with the other two in a “tie” for second. It obviously wasn’t an out of the block laser times 40. I know they ALL wanted to win that and Wiggins won. Fastest Cane 2019

Advertisement
I think he’s our best NFL prospect. He’ll be one of those guys nobody knows. Goes to the combine runs a 4.35 at 6’3” & go in the 1st round lol

Advertisement
Back