Decision Made!?!?!?

Richt won 10 games every year with less talent and a tougher schedule than he will have at Miami. Richt will kill it.

Butch won't get a job again this year, nor should he.

Advertisement
Richt won 10 games every year with less talent and a tougher schedule than he will have at Miami. Richt will kill it.

I think that's the most damning thing for the Butch supporters. Literally NO ONE else is looking at him.

...and who went 4-8, 8-5, 8-5, and 8-5 in his last four seasons coaching at a D-1 program (which also happened to be five years ago).

Compare the two resumes and it's not close. Butch looks like a chump next to Richt.

You're an idiot. How can you even compare the two.

One was in the SEC with one of the top 4 teams in that conference for many years with loaded teams and could never win the big one.

The other one inherited a 2 win team that had little history of winning and had them on the way up before disaster struck. You can't compare the 2 fairly.

Only a total idiot would state what you did.

Um...I'm just looking at results, pal. Butch had four years to turn around the program and couldn't win more than 8 games. In his fourth year at the same program (after inheriting a team that had its roster depleted and wins vacated under Butch's tenure -- fair or not, it happened), Fedora has that same program at 11-1.

The latest Butch Davis has shown coaching record-wise is that he can win 8 games consistently. Over the time frame that he's been relegated to talking about college football games on ESPNU, Richt has a 12-win season, two ten-win seasons (with another possible this season), and one 8-win season.

It takes a truly brainless person to think that candidate A (the one that BBBeliebers are drooling over) is in the same stratosphere objectively that Candidate B is. And that's when you start hearing "but but but HE BUILT THE 2001 TEAM (a decade ago), UNC HE WAS PRETTY GOOD (wins vacated, never won more than 8 games), HE'S REALLY HUNGRY TO DO A GOOD JOB (even though NOT ONE SINGLE PROGRAM views him as remotely close to a viable candidate, he's been sitting his *** on a studio chair since 2010, he's 64, and there's a significant chance the game has passed him by.)

Seriously. Give me ONE NON-SUBJECTIVE FACT that Butch Davis has done a single thing within the past decade to warrant him getting a second chance at a Power 5 program. I'll wait.

Remind us again how many wins Fedora has the last 3 seasons against teams that finished the season in the top 25..........

Remind us how many games Butch won in the last three seasons?

You are a ****** of the highest order.

It's "fans" like you that are partly responsible for us sucking for so long.

You don't know ****!!!

"Why didn't Butch win more games at UNC?"

Response: "Ur a ******!! U don't no ****"

Welcome to the Miami fan base.

We're gonna get what we deserve. A guy who is burnt out and could never win the big one with a loaded team over a guy that would kill to coach here again and had been preparing for this for years.

...and who went 4-8, 8-5, 8-5, and 8-5 in his last four seasons coaching at a D-1 program (which also happened to be five years ago).

Compare the two resumes and it's not close. Butch looks like a chump next to Richt.

Yeah but butch fans refuse to see this. They think ed Reed and Sean Taylor grow on trees in butchs back yard

Advertisement

Jesus. Stop posting **** I agree with. I don't want to keep up voting you.

You're an idiot. How can you even compare the two.

One was in the SEC with one of the top 4 teams in that conference for many years with loaded teams and could never win the big one.

The other one inherited a 2 win team that had little history of winning and had them on the way up before disaster struck. You can't compare the 2 fairly.

Only a total idiot would state what you did.

Um...I'm just looking at results, pal. Butch had four years to turn around the program and couldn't win more than 8 games. In his fourth year at the same program (after inheriting a team that had its roster depleted and wins vacated under Butch's tenure -- fair or not, it happened), Fedora has that same program at 11-1.

The latest Butch Davis has shown coaching record-wise is that he can win 8 games consistently. Over the time frame that he's been relegated to talking about college football games on ESPNU, Richt has a 12-win season, two ten-win seasons (with another possible this season), and one 8-win season.

It takes a truly brainless person to think that candidate A (the one that BBBeliebers are drooling over) is in the same stratosphere objectively that Candidate B is. And that's when you start hearing "but but but HE BUILT THE 2001 TEAM (a decade ago), UNC HE WAS PRETTY GOOD (wins vacated, never won more than 8 games), HE'S REALLY HUNGRY TO DO A GOOD JOB (even though NOT ONE SINGLE PROGRAM views him as remotely close to a viable candidate, he's been sitting his *** on a studio chair since 2010, he's 64, and there's a significant chance the game has passed him by.)

Seriously. Give me ONE NON-SUBJECTIVE FACT that Butch Davis has done a single thing within the past decade to warrant him getting a second chance at a Power 5 program. I'll wait.

Remind us again how many wins Fedora has the last 3 seasons against teams that finished the season in the top 25..........

Remind us how many games Butch won in the last three seasons?

You are a ****** of the highest order.

It's "fans" like you that are partly responsible for us sucking for so long.

You don't know ****!!!

I won't get into your latest response because I don't derive enjoyment for insulting 13-year olds who are allowed access to the modem and their parents' AOL account, so I will copy and paste the question that you've failed to acknowledge/respond to/touch (mostly because you deserve to be called out for completely ignoring it):

"Give me ONE NON-SUBJECTIVE FACT that Butch Davis has done a single thing within the past decade to warrant him getting a second chance at a Power 5 program. I'll wait."

Advertisement
Jeezus, I got two med-school exams coming up this week - but all I can do is sit in front of my computer and hit F5 on CIS. JUST HIRE SOMEONE ALREADY!

"Why didn't Butch win more games at UNC?"

Response: "Ur a ******!! U don't no ****"

Welcome to the Miami fan base.

Beat me to it.....Fans can't have an intellectual debate with each other without one responding like a child. Ridiculous...

Advertisement
I believe Richt is a family guy first. Charlottesville is a perfect family town. Plus, he mentioned that UGA was a miserable place if your not winning NC. Miami is no different in that regard. He's a easy going guy and probably wants the same treatment in return. Virginia can provide the comfort he wants for his family.

Feldman said Miami wants to wrap this up by the weekend, so maybe I'll stop hitting refresh every 5 seconds

Advertisement
I believe Richt is a family guy first. Charlottesville is a perfect family town. Plus, he mentioned that UGA was a miserable place if your not winning NC. Miami is no different in that regard. He's a easy going guy and probably wants the same treatment in return. Virginia can provide the comfort he wants for his family.

Maybe, just maybe, he also wants to win. Ever think of that? Something he can't do at uva.

I'm not bailing on Butch, he has a lot of big money behind him...
Richt will get the nod above him, but if he shoots UM down, Butch gets the call

Peter Ariz ‏@PeterAriz 2m2 minutes ago
Don't kid yourself. Stuart Miller is making plays in this coaching search #Canes

THIS RIGHT HERE TELLS ME IT'S BUTCH!!!

$$$ TALKS ****ERS.

Remember his dad sat in his same position 20 years ago when Butch was hired. Make daddy proud Stuart, you know what you have to do.

How would Butch be making a big move. He could have had butch sitting on the toilet with one phone call.

Advertisement
Back