December 31st 2019 Miami vs Clemson (ACCN 4 pm) pregame predictions, game thread and post game reactions.

Advertisement
It is the freshman learning curve. Rodney is still the bigger issue.

If we get 1 good game out of Rodney every few weeks, I think that's a win.

Both are big problems. Considering Bev got pulled for Rodney for being a train wreck in OT, you could argue he was the bigger problem today.

But in any case, none of those guys will be stars. We just need them to chip in enough to help Lykes, DJ, and Kam.

Advertisement
I haven't. I hope this game was Coach L's eye opening experience that his projections for the growth and development of Rodney Miller were off.
We all know Rodney Miller has major shortcomings (slow and unathletic as ****) but he is all we have right now. Reality is that this coaching staff has done a terrible job of recruiting Centers. I just don't understand why they struggle so much to get the big men we need.

You can recruit all the guards you want but if you don't recruit big men and get out rebounded every game, you are going to lose a lot of games you could have otherwise won. Duke and Louisville next which isn't going to be pretty, but at least we got this one against Clemson

Advertisement
We all know Rodney Miller has major shortcomings (slow and unathletic as ****) but he is all we have right now. Reality is that this coaching staff has done a terrible job of recruiting Centers. I just don't understand why they struggle so much to get the big men we need.
Deng Gak torn up his knee 2 years in a row. Who could have predicted that?

Deng Gak torn up his knee 2 years in a row. Who could have predicted that?
Gak had been awful this year before he got hurt. He was completely lost on defense and has less offensive game than even Miller has. They need to recruit centers. FSU has at least two 7footers every year and we can't get one.

Advertisement
You can recruit all the guards you want but if you don't recruit big men and get out rebounded every game, you are going to lose a lot of games you could have otherwise won. Duke and Louisville next which isn't going to be pretty, but at least we got this one against Clemson

That's just not how it works. Go find a program in Miami's tier that consistently recruits quality bigs. There are none. The blue bloods hog the bigs.

Where did the best guards/wings in the NBA go to college? Davidson (Curry), Arizona St (Harden), Weber St (Lillard), Washington St (Klay), Fresno St (PG), San Diego St (Kawhi), etc.

How about the best bigs? Kentucky (AD, KAT, Cousins), Kansas (Embiid), etc.

It's extremely unrealistic to expect Miami to land high quality bigs with any sort of consistency. A program of Miami's caliber succeeds when it has great guard play, and half-decent play inside.

You have a handful of negative posts in a row, despite Miami just winning a conference road game, its 5th win in a row after a rocky start, and its 5th road/neutral win. This isn't the football board. It's not a race to see who can be the most negative poster.

Happy new year.

Gak had been awful this year before he got hurt. He was completely lost on defense and has less offensive game than even Miller has. They need to recruit centers. FSU has at least two 7footers every year and we can't get one.
He was coming back from an ACL and it happened to his other knee. Very few 7 footers that can play in College, the good ones go to the NBA

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back