December 31st 2019 Miami vs Clemson (ACCN 4 pm) pregame predictions, game thread and post game reactions.

Da_Lucky_One

All ACC
Score prediction:

Miami 84
Clemson 74

Clemson beat Alabama A&M by 36 in November but they have currently lost 5 of their last 6 games. Miami is currently undefeated in December and they are looking to stay perfect for the month of December.

Advertisement
Now it is time to return to our difficult part of the schedule with conference play and up next is a road game against Clemson. Clemson feels like a must win game (please make sure you see the bolded & underlined word) because after Clemson we have Duke and @ UL. Starting 0-4 would be pretty bad; granted 3 of those losses were against top 5 teams.

Clemson is NOT a good team. They're 6-6 (0-2) and they've been playing pretty bad basketball recently (1-4 in their last 5 with an average loss of ~15 Points). At home, Clemson is 5-3. They score 66.9 PPG (323rd), allow 61.4 PPG (40th) and grab 33.6 RPG (344th). They're NOT a good 3PT shooting team at 32.1% (226th); not that this matters because we seem to allow numerous teams to have pretty good games.

RPI: 148th (https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/rpi-ranking/rpi-rating-by-team)

BPI: 86th (https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bpi/_/view/overview/page/2)

SOS: 85th

NET: 111th (https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings)

Notable Win(s): TCU (8-3) by 2 points in OT (game was at a neutral site).

Notable Losses (both at home): Yale (10-3) by 9 points and South Carolina (8-4) by 13 points.

Players to Watch: Aamir Simms is a 6'8 junior forward. He averages 12.6 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 1.8 APG, 1.2 SPG and 36.1% from 3PT. Tevin Mack is a 6'6 senior guard and 2x transfer (UT and Bama). He is a good shooter and pretty good rebounder. He averages 11.2 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 1.2 APG, 1.3 SPG and 36.7% 3PT.

Spread: TBD

Last edited:

I was actually looking beyond seeing Isaiah shoot the ball. I was glad to see Anthony Walker and Keith Stone practicing. Especially since Anthony did not get any playing time against Temple and very minimal time against Coppin St. Too many kids would have used those two games to enter the transfer portal. Keith Stone left the Coppin State game and I wanted to be sure he was not hurt.

Advertisement

I was actually looking beyond seeing Isaiah shoot the ball. I was glad to see Anthony Walker and Keith Stone practicing. Especially since Anthony did not get any playing time against Temple and very minimal time against Coppin St. Too many kids would have used those two games to enter the transfer portal. Keith Stone left the Coppin State game and I wanted to be sure he was not hurt.

Coach L is not going to play a guy because he is afraid he is going to hit the transfer pool mid way through his Freshman year, nor should he.

Miller DJ Kam Lykes Sam... let's Get This!

upd: 6 minutes in down 10-4 and cold as ice. Lets get some freshmen in already geesh, looking so bad.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
first sighting of walker, ok someone gotta get hot

(upd: ok Ill settle for lukewarm... things looking kinda pathetic right now, sigh.)

Advertisement
It looks exactly like we’re playing on New Years Eve after ten days off for Christmas

Advertisement
Back