Debate Dallas vs Perine

Perine performed well last year. I'm not going to knock his gave just because I hate the team he plays for. I believe that Dallas is legit and can be a big time player within this this offense this year. I'm actually of the belief that after the changes he made to his body and the improvement in his numbers after playing in a better offensive scheme, that he will be viewed more positively as an NFL back after this season.

Advertisement
Perine had a much better O line to open holes than Dallas did. And as another poster mentioned, the box was stacked most of the time.

Also, gators suck and I'd never pick a gator over a Cane.

I could very well be wrong - but I think these fumbles are too much about perception & narrative.

2018 GT Game
Deejay fumbled at our own 23 in the 1st Quarter when the game was 7-7
N'Kosi fumbled at our own 40 in the 2nd Quarter when the game was 14-7
Thomas fumbled at our own 10 in the 3rd Quarter when the game was 17-14

You've said "Deejay's fumble cost us the game". Deejay gets the blame because his fumble is the one everyone remembers. I see it differently.

Advertisement
Toney is not essentially the same player as Thomas. Thomas is much more gifted and adept in route running. Toney can be an explosive player but his route running is not good. Imo Toney is an athlete that is just playing receiver. He can do some things though
meh. watch both of their 2018 highlight videos. essentially the same skill set. JT does excel more at receiver
So what you're both saying is Thomas is better.

I agree.

all things pretty equal, i'll take our guy

could do the same thread wtih jeff thomas and kadarius toney. essentially the same player. our guy every time
Not even close. Jeff Thomas is faster, can play outside, and is a complete wide receiver.

Advertisement
DJ the most versatile back we have on the team

Cam is the best zone, one cut and go back we have on the team

Lingard was going to be special. I hope he heals to 100% because the few carries we saw him get were elite!

That second touchdown run against Savannah State showed me that kids potential....neither Deejay or Cam can make that play.

In case y’all forgot, this is what Lorenzo brings. That boy special.

Advertisement
Both seem like good-to-great backs, not quite elite but pro-caliber.. I can't speak to the other guy. But Dallas has so much heart, is an inspirational leader on this team. I think he has a breakout year this year now that he's been through a real S&C program and is the #1 back.

The real mismatch if we're comparing rosters is at TE. They have a good RB, really good WRs, a more senior and improved QB (versus a ? at QB with Williams). Both OLs are weak. But we have Jordan and Mallory.

Net/net, I'm not sure there's much separation of talent when their offense and ours are looked at as a group. This game is coming down to 1. OTs, 2. Jarren, and 3. who wants it more.

Advertisement
DJ the most versatile back we have on the team

Cam is the best zone, one cut and go back we have on the team

Lingard was going to be special. I hope he heals to 100% because the few carries we saw him get were elite!

That second touchdown run against Savannah State showed me that kids potential....neither Deejay or Cam can make that play.

In case y’all forgot, this is what Lorenzo brings. That boy special.

Need everyone to watch this highlight tape and check out the second play so you can appreciate just how bad Bar Milo really was.

Advertisement
Back