Deadspin Lights Up Manny Diaz

Handsome Squidbum

The Strongest Steel is Forged in Dumpster Fires
Premium
Brutal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Total hit job but I groan when I read this:

Another recruit, Xavier Restrepo, confirmed having a similar experience with Diaz, saying the coach told players and parents “you’re either going to be with Miami kicking tails or you’re going to go against Miami and get your tail kicked.”

This is the kind of thing that is worriesome. I used to think "alright manny, that's how canes do it - tell 'em!" But the more I see this team the more I think he's just recycling old catch phrases to make people think he's talking "real talk".

Another recruit, Xavier Restrepo, confirmed having a similar experience with Diaz, saying the coach told players and parents “you’re either going to be with Miami kicking tails or you’re going to go against Miami and get your tail kicked.”

This is the kind of thing that is worriesome. I used to think "alright manny, that's how canes do it - tell 'em!" But the more I see this team the more I think he's just recycling old catch phrases to make people think he's talking "real talk".
u cant talk like that if u cant get the kids to kick tail, elite kids will kcik your *** if they leave elsewhere. The uniform doesnt make u good its the guy in the uniform that makes u look good

That is a horrendous, biased article. Zero mention that diaz just left U of Miami and he grew up from there. Completely unprofessional

Advertisement

...I might be okay with this talk if we were 2-0

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** that troll.

I actually appreciate Manny Diaz’s take if we’re able to win. Clemson built up to the point of having recruits not take other visits. They did not do that the very first year that DS took over as the head coach.

Their brand held the line after they started to win.

I like the approach. But, if you don’t win, it isn’t going to matter. It may even backfire on you.

Work for deadspin or for a more prestigious outlet.
Much like work for Miami football or work for Temple football. Very common negative reporting tactic. Point fingers and tell everyone why you are pointing fingers.
Someone seem to forget, the rest of the fingers are pointing back at them.

Advertisement
Back