Deadspin ACC football Preview

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm confused. Why would a website about liberal politics and social issues feel the need to opine on ACC football?

Deadspin is part of a larger blog network that covers a variety of topics. Deadspin itslef mostly covers sports topics but there is always bleed over from other blogs. They actually do break a lot of news and deliver it in an informal and uncensored fashion. They wrote a ton of the anti fsu articles and i believe specifically broke the story about the FSU player who did the hit n run last year.

I have nothing to add to the forum, but wanted to see if typing "slurper" was as fun as it seemed from the previous elucidating posts.

I'm confused. Why would a website about liberal politics and social issues feel the need to opine on ACC football?

Deadspin is part of a larger blog network that covers a variety of topics. Deadspin itslef mostly covers sports topics but there is always bleed over from other blogs. They actually do break a lot of news and deliver it in an informal and uncensored fashion. They wrote a ton of the anti fsu articles and i believe specifically broke the story about the FSU player who did the hit n run last year.

Their FSU preview for the season was titled: "Florida State Is Still Pretty Good, Unfortunately"

A nice excerpt:

Is The Coach A ****?

Jimbo Fisher is a colossal, whimpering *****. He’s is a soulless, sun-spotted prick and runs the worst program in terms of basic humanity in college football. He has consistently recruited bad people who play football at an elite level, and then gets all huffy anytime someone wants to talk about all the terrible **** his players have been accused of doing. He sucks.

Advertisement

I'm aware of the site and Gawker Media as a whole. I actually used to be a fan of Deadspin....before it became about as bad as it was once good. IMO, it's more unfunny than it's funny now and hardly cutting edge while also over-embracing Gawker's liberal stances. It doesn't mean they're wrong about us or that the Jimbo depiction wasn't mildly amusing but their overall work isn't worthy of respect any longer.

Hey they even mention Fat Als daddy.

The Worst of the Worst

The teams that could just go ahead and cease to exist are Wake Forest, Syracuse, and Virginia. All three are terrible, awful excuses for football programs that you should never, under any circumstance, waste three hours of your ever-shortening life watching. These teams exist to make others teams bowl eligible and occasionally win a game they have no business winning just to stir the pot. The league, and football in general, would be better without them. But I guess you have to have sucky teams, so when it comes to balancing out a league, these bad boys are the cream of the crop.

Miami—which has officially receded to become a middling college football program—does not have James Conner. You should not watch them for this and many other reasons.

What a disgrace we have become

:sanford:

Advertisement
I think it has less to do with being a slurper and more to do with being a fan. Oh, I forgot, you're only "cool" on this board if you hate on everything Miami is doing right now. I know, the haters are the realists and the rest of us are delusional for supporting our alma mater.

the slurpers get upset when people make fun of the canes. slurrrrrrp

I think we win 10 games this year. If we do will Deadspin put out another editorial? No matter. I don't read deadspin.

Advertisement
It's very easy to kick someone when they are down.

F*ck James Conner, I'd rather watch Brad Kaaya and Joe Yearby.

If you read the article it's all ranting nonsense about the entire conference. The entire point of the article is to just belittle and attack everything and anything in an attempt to be relevant or witty. Deadspin really isn't any more credible than the Enquirer.

I remember they were the first to break the Manti Te'o story. I read about it on there a couple of days before the major outlets picked it up. Every year they do a series of articles called "Why Your Team Sucks 2015" previewing each NFL team's upcoming season. Pretty funny stuff.

I'm aware of the site and Gawker Media as a whole. I actually used to be a fan of Deadspin....before it became about as bad as it was once good. IMO, it's more unfunny than it's funny now and hardly cutting edge while also over-embracing Gawker's liberal stances. It doesn't mean they're wrong about us or that the Jimbo depiction wasn't mildly amusing but their overall work isn't worthy of respect any longer.

Alot of that is true, some of the stuff they put up there is complete garbage i just hate mainstream media more. Sportspickle is a pretty funny satire site if you haven't seen it.

Alot of that is true, some of the stuff they put up there is complete garbage i just hate mainstream media more. Sportspickle is a pretty funny satire site if you haven't seen it.

That pickle site is pretty funny. Found this one, on the Canes:

Miami Hurricanes Hire Recording of Ray Lewis Yelling About Stuff as New Head Coach - SportsPickle | SportsPickle

Anyway, it'll soon be over for Fraulden:
Firing Day is 95 days away.

I think it has less to do with being a slurper and more to do with being a fan. Oh, I forgot, you're only "cool" on this board if you hate on everything Miami is doing right now. I know, the haters are the realists and the rest of us are delusional for supporting our alma mater.

the slurpers get upset when people make fun of the canes. slurrrrrrp

my god its year fkin five

if it was year two ok but dudes a bumb n people r mad, even if he somehow won this year its fools gold. just look at the recruiting n it says we arent built to last or sustain multiple winning season at a high level.

Advertisement
Back