Dead weight at WR?!?

CaneBoiFL

Junior All-American
Found this recent article about recruiting on State of the U. Found this comment interesting about the WR quality on the team. I know we have had depth issues but I never thought we had non Miami caliber players. Read this paragraph and chime in, what WR could the article be talking about? I find this kind of inaccurate but would appreciate other thoughts:

Recruiting Radar: Looking at numbers in the 2018 Class for Miami - State of The U

"Likewise with WRs. Miami has a chance to add several top players at this position, which would be a good thing after signing 4-ish WRs in 2017. Another 4 will remake this group completely in the lat 3 years, and hopefully have the Canes be able to move on from several.....uh.....players who could be better served at another, lower caliber program than Miami."

Advertisement
Langham, possibly Harris.

Like most of our RS Jr's, Langham isn't going to be on the team in 2018 though because he won't have his scholarship renewed for a 5th year.

Yeah no way in **** Darrell Langham should be on this team next year. Wouldn't mind him announcing he's transferring before this season actually starts either.

Dayall Harris should not have been taken, instead we should have gone for a grad transfer or something. But I think he graduates after this year, so he also will be pushed out.

Other than those two all the other WRs are definitely Miami Caliber. And outside of those 2 the only guy that I could realistically see leaving is Cager. Personally I've already said often that I think Mullins beats Cager out at some point this year. And with Ahmmon and Berrios locked in as starters already, I could see Cager leaving if he doesn't have a good year, especially with Thomas and Njoku coming in and the 2018 class we will be bringing in (harley doesn't affect him at all since they are completely different wrs)

When I was in school, the guys on the various teams were my classmates. Did some of them die?

Yeah no way in **** Darrell Langham should be on this team next year. Wouldn't mind him announcing he's transferring before this season actually starts either.

Dayall Harris should not have been taken, instead we should have gone for a grad transfer or something. But I think he graduates after this year, so he also will be pushed out.

Other than those two all the other WRs are definitely Miami Caliber. And outside of those 2 the only guy that I could realistically see leaving is Cager. Personally I've already said often that I think Mullins beats Cager out at some point this year. And with Ahmmon and Berrios locked in as starters already, I could see Cager leaving if he doesn't have a good year, especially with Thomas and Njoku coming in and the 2018 class we will be bringing in (harley doesn't affect him at all since they are completely different wrs)

Wow the fact that you made this post in such an absolute manor as if you really have a clue about wtf u r talking about is interesting

Advertisement
I think it's really just Darrell Langham. Don't think they are going to move Dayall Harris out. State of the U is generally just wild speculation. It's not like they have any inside information.

Wow the fact that you made this post in such an absolute manor as if you really have a clue about wtf u r talking about is interesting

What isn't true about what I said?

You are completely wrong about Harris and completely right about Langham IMo but again just like your comments it is just an opinion so who knows what the coaches think and feel. I know they were super high on Harris this time last year but he didn't bring it during the season.

You are completely wrong about Harris and completely right about Langham IMo but again just like your comments it is just an opinion so who knows what the coaches think and feel. I know they were super high on Harris this time last year but he didn't bring it during the season.

Completely wrong about langham? Your trippin
And i'm not saying Harris is bad or anything, I think we should have gotten a grad transfer last year instead of him. And I don't think he has the same talent as Mullins or Thomas or Cager. And definitely not Ahmmon. He will get some PT this year, but after the 2018 guys come in and the 2017 guys have a full yr under their belt, I think it would be a wise choice for him to leave as a grad transfer.

Advertisement

You making up competitions who tf said Mullins and Cager are the two wrs "competing" for a spot when they play two different positions and bring completely different talents to the table at WR??

No matter how many times former players and coaches keep saying Cager is the truth you and all your absolute conviction believe he is going to be pushed out by the coaching staff or transfer??? Wtf r u talking about.

Harris was here one year, he has talent or the coaches wouldn't have brought him in, if they were in the business of just taking jags just for depth we would've had every 3 star wr in this class that y'all were praying this staff offers.

And i'm not saying Harris is bad or anything, I think we should have gotten a grad transfer last year instead of him. And I don't think he has the same talent as Mullins or Thomas or Cager. And definitely not Ahmmon. He will get some PT this year, but after the 2018 guys come in and the 2017 guys have a full yr under their belt, I think it would be a wise choice for him to leave as a grad transfer.

And I don't get where this stuff about Cager comes from. He may get beaten out, but there's no reason to think that at this point. None at all.

You making up competitions who tf said Mullins and Cager are the two wrs "competing" for a spot when they play two different positions and bring completely different talents to the table at WR??

No matter how many times former players and coaches keep saying Cager is the truth you and all your absolute conviction believe he is going to be pushed out by the coaching staff or transfer??? Wtf r u talking about.

Harris was here one year, he has talent or the coaches wouldn't have brought him in, if they were in the business of just taking jags just for depth we would've had every 3 star wr in this class that y'all were praying this staff offers.

Well there can only be 2 starters at wr and one guy in the slot. Berrios and Ahmmon are very clearly the top 2 WRs.
It just happens that when we go 3 wide Berrios is our best option in the slot (whereas it was mainly Njoku last yr) which means we need another WR to fill in on the outside. Its only logical that the next best wr on the team will fill this role. So Mullins and Cager really are competing against each other. Sure Cager and Mullins may be used completely different, but that doesn't mean they aren't competing for the same spot. Its not like we go 4 or 5 wide often.

Also I have been one of the main people defending Cager. I think Cager will be one of our top 3 wrs to start the year. I just happen to believe Mullins is going to be legit and end up taking his spot by the end of the season. I think the best blocker out of those two might get the job since Richt likes running those RPO bubble screens so much (advantage Cager).

However I'm also not blind and can see Cager transferring away because hes talented and may feel that he can contribute more somewhere else. We have some studs on the roster at WR and we are going to have 3-4 more coming in next yr. Wont be surprised if he left. Again hes not dead weight, and i very clearly said he was a Miami caliber WR. But if he doesn't get enough PT I can see him going somewhere he will get more.

And I don't get where this stuff about Cager comes from. He may get beaten out, but there's no reason to think that at this point. None at all.

guess i misread what you wrote there.
I think he will get beaten out because I think mullins is going to be legit, not because cager is going to be bad. Its more of me just liking Mullins and having high expectations for him. I think Cager could be a big piece for us especially if he blocks well.

Advertisement
Dayall Harris logged mins this year over guys like Mullins. The only dead weight is Langham. Who really probably is trying to graduate so he can transfer out. I dont hink he has ever seen the field other than special teams here and there...but is like a 6'4-6'5 225 pd wr.

What Dayall Harris has 100% earned a spot on our roster What

What it took a football eye to see what CMR was doing with the play calling last season What

What we will see the ball spread out more this season and Dayall is good for 3-4 catches a game What

What Dayall Harris has 100% earned a spot on our roster What

What it took a football eye to see what CMR was doing with the play calling last season What

What we will see the ball spread out more this season and Dayall is good for 3-4 catches a game What

[video=youtube_share;buUbFAZ6mR8]https://youtu.be/buUbFAZ6mR8?t=1m42s[/video]

Advertisement

guess i misread what you wrote there.
I think he will get beaten out because I think mullins is going to be legit, not because cager is going to be bad. Its more of me just liking Mullins and having high expectations for him. I think Cager could be a big piece for us especially if he blocks well.

Fair.

Please Explain how it would benefit the team of Langham leaves before spring practice. This should be interesting...

Players leave for multiple reasons. Langham is the only one that might get pushed out, but I could see several players wanting to transfer for playing time if Thomas and Harley are as good as advertised, and we get 4 stud WR's next year.

Top 6 will be:

Richards
Dallas
Thomas
Harley
Mullins
Njoku

Cager, Berrios, Harris, Langham just aren't explosive enough and will be phased out as the season progresses.

Advertisement
Back