Advertisement
Top 6 will be:

Richards
Dallas
Thomas
Harley
Mullins
Njoku

Cager, Berrios, Harris, Langham just aren't explosive enough and will be phased out as the season progresses.

Berrios not going to be pushed out,he the security blanket.Receivers not open,Berrios will make that catch.He may not
turn it into a long gain but he will give it all for first down.Coaches and Qb's love guys like this!

Berrios moves the chains. He also protects the rock on punts. Block the gunners if you want returns. Sorry he is white and our quickest WR.

I fell like there is a clear SoFlo Bias going on. Mullins showed nothing last year. Looked tentative. Can he beat a jam? We will find out in Spring

On the other hand Cagar was in line to get a lot of play time until he blew the knee based on the pre season scrimmage reports. The kid has the talent. Sorry he is not from Dade.

Berrios moves the chains. He also protects the rock on punts. Block the gunners if you want returns. Sorry he is white and our quickest WR.

I fell like there is a clear SoFlo Bias going on. Mullins showed nothing last year. Looked tentative. Can he beat a jam? We will find out in Spring

On the other hand Cagar was in line to get a lot of play time until he blew the knee based on the pre season scrimmage reports. The kid has the talent. Sorry he is not from Dade.

lol. Berrios moves the chains? How many chains can you move when you catch 12 balls a season? Dafug you talking?

IDK about Cager & Langham's fates, but Richt seems to be less infatuated by taller WRs. Notice we dropped guys like Scott & Dingle, for smaller YAC/RAC type WRs like Harley & Thomas.

Advertisement
IDK about Cager & Langham's fates, but Richt seems to be less infatuated by taller WRs. Notice we dropped guys like Scott & Dingle, for smaller YAC/RAC type WRs like Harley & Thomas.

Speed kills. Berrios is, on paper, one of the quickest WR. 3.81 shuttle. 4.48 40 isn't too bad.

The Opening 2013: Top 10 40-Yard Dash Times from the Sparq National Championship | Bleacher Report

Yes, I know, his speed doesn't show up on game day but I suspect Richt is still high on him. As was pointed out earlier in the "Berrios is ****** Puerto Rican" thread, he has New England Patriots written all over him.

Speed kills. Berrios is, on paper, one of the quickest WR. 3.81 shuttle. 4.48 40 isn't too bad.

The Opening 2013: Top 10 40-Yard Dash Times from the Sparq National Championship | Bleacher Report

Yes, I know, his speed doesn't show up on game day but I suspect Richt is still high on him. As was pointed out earlier in the "Berrios is ****** Puerto Rican" thread, he has New England Patriots written all over him.

I think he's had a couple knee injuries since he posted those times.

Hankerson & Streeter had the dropsies their first two years. That can be cleaned up by the position coach & confidence.

Advertisement
Berrios has had 1 good game at WR and that was our last outing against WV. I def think he is talented. We need to get him more involved. Not sure if it was his own doing the last 3 years or what.

I think it's really just Darrell Langham. Don't think they are going to move Dayall Harris out. State of the U is generally just wild speculation. It's not like they have any inside information.

That's probably true, but is canesinsight any different? Except for the posts of Peter Ariz and a few other people?

Yeah no way in **** Darrell Langham should be on this team next year. Wouldn't mind him announcing he's transferring before this season actually starts either.

Dayall Harris should not have been taken, instead we should have gone for a grad transfer or something. But I think he graduates after this year, so he also will be pushed out.

Other than those two all the other WRs are definitely Miami Caliber. And outside of those 2 the only guy that I could realistically see leaving is Cager. Personally I've already said often that I think Mullins beats Cager out at some point this year. And with Ahmmon and Berrios locked in as starters already, I could see Cager leaving if he doesn't have a good year, especially with Thomas and Njoku coming in and the 2018 class we will be bringing in (harley doesn't affect him at all since they are completely different wrs)

Please Explain how it would benefit the team of Langham leaves before spring practice. This should be interesting...

Simple. He will never get PT here. Every single WR we have will play before he does.

So with that rationale the roster should be cut to about 60. That is the max amount of players that usually play every year. Oh yah, you forgot about Scout team players needed to be able to run a practice properly.

Langham should get a look at TE if he's going to be here in 2017. We could use another body there.

Advertisement

Sounds really close to the propaganda the Gus hype machine used.

I don't know what to expect from Cager. I don't get rock hard from practice reports/coach talk. I hope he plays to what people are expecting from him.

Massive talent infusion coming to Greentree, so i hope he is ready.

Langham should get a look at TE if he's going to be here in 2017. We could use another body there.

giphy.gif

Yeah no way in **** Darrell Langham should be on this team next year. Wouldn't mind him announcing he's transferring before this season actually starts either.

Dayall Harris should not have been taken, instead we should have gone for a grad transfer or something. But I think he graduates after this year, so he also will be pushed out.

Other than those two all the other WRs are definitely Miami Caliber. And outside of those 2 the only guy that I could realistically see leaving is Cager. Personally I've already said often that I think Mullins beats Cager out at some point this year. And with Ahmmon and Berrios locked in as starters already, I could see Cager leaving if he doesn't have a good year, especially with Thomas and Njoku coming in and the 2018 class we will be bringing in (harley doesn't affect him at all since they are completely different wrs)

Please Explain how it would benefit the team of Langham leaves before spring practice. This should be interesting...

Simple. He will never get PT here. Every single WR we have will play before he does.

So with that rationale the roster should be cut to about 60. That is the max amount of players that usually play every year. Oh yah, you forgot about Scout team players needed to be able to run a practice properly.

he'll never play because he doesn't have the talent to be a Miami Hurricane WR.

We can get 4 WRs in 2018, And I think they all could get some PT at some point as Freshman....and definitely throughout their career.
Theres a certain talent level you need to have a scholarship at the University of Miami, and he doesn't have that. Sorry you don't like it but its true. He could probably go to FIU/USF/UCF or something and have a solid season. But not here.

Advertisement

We can get 4 WRs in 2018, And I think they all could get some PT at some point as Freshman....and definitely throughout their career.
Theres a certain talent level you need to have a scholarship at the University of Miami, and he doesn't have that. Sorry you don't like it but its true. He could probably go to FIU/USF/UCF or something and have a solid season. But not here.

You are misunderstanding my point. There is not one team in the country, including Bama, that have 85 players that will see significant playing time. However the other players provide a valuable role on Scout team. Langham will finish out the year and move on and then be replaced. It serves no purpose to run him out before. We are well under the 85 limit.

You are misunderstanding my point. There is not one team in the country, including Bama, that have 85 players that will see significant playing time. However the other players provide a valuable role on Scout team. Langham will finish out the year and move on and then be replaced. It serves no purpose to run him out before. We are well under the 85 limit.

Maybe in one season, but I'm saying during the coarse of his career.
While I don't expect every single guy we ever sign to pan out and reach their potential, i expect them to have a certain amount of skill and potential...Langham does not have either of those.
And I didn't say he needed to leave this yr. I said I wouldn't mind seeing him leave this year. But as my original comment states he definitely should not be on the team next yr.

Yawl are completely wrong about Langham. **** if you have any faith in Burns and Choc being future stars at RB then I don't understand why you don't see Langham being a impact player at WR.

imo seems like a big time te has a better chance to get picked up early in the nfl over a wr.

I agree with that to. But I think Dugans can get him to the Irvin level. Remember Irvin didn't have that speed element either this kid just needed better coaching and time to develop.

Advertisement
Back