Dead Horse ... Last thread I’ll start on this

he's not an elite coach but he's very very good, he has the ability to turn Florida into an elite team.

Uh, turning FL into an elite team, wouldn't that make him an elite coach?

Maybe you're just saying he's not an elite coach yet and can grow into one at FL. I don't think anyone would say he's elite yet, but a good coach he certainly is.

****, you've gone and confused me.

Advertisement
Let's not pretend that if Richt was still here that he wouldn't have beat Mullen this year.

The guy has a horse shoe up his *** with as many 4th down conversions that haven't blown up in his face yet. Had like 3 against us.

Fact is him allowing franks to throw against us with the game out of reach showed me he's a corch in waiting.

Richt would have been coaching with Patke and Banda serving as co-DC. You really think they would have been the guys to stop Florida from scoring?

2 seasons, 2 Top 10 finishes. 10 and 11 win seasons.

If ANY of our last 4 coaches had done that, we’d already be comparing them to Jimmy and Howard.

Absolutely true. But honestly did anything you see last night (or during the last two seasons) realllly make them seem on "the verge" of anything let alone anywhere near the truly elite teams? Does Trask really look like THE guy?

Richt would have been coaching with Patke and Banda serving as co-DC. You really think they would have been the guys to stop Florida from scoring?

I know that Jeff Thomas wouldn't have been on the team to muff that punt.

And the defense was nowhere near as strong as the other years even with Manny and his crew here so that point is irrelevant.

Advertisement
But all of y’all arguing Dan Mullen was a “corch” because of what he did at Miss State and wouldn’t have been a good coach for Kaaya can officially claim your “L”.

We blew it HUGE by not getting him after firing Golden.

And it was the SECOND time we could have hired him.

Instead, he’s making Florida the flagship program in the state.

un-bleeping-believable
You forgot to finish your sentence with...........................on this site ever.

Advertisement
Absolutely true. But honestly did anything you see last night (or during the last two seasons) realllly make them seem on "the verge" of anything let alone anywhere near the truly elite teams? Does Trask really look like THE guy?
Tad, that QB is no way Elite in my book. Mullen mehhhhh, just ain’t all that.

You both agree with each other, but if you've heard us fans SINCE 1983: Johnson became worthy, finally at the END of 1987 (and his legend has grown- rightfully so-- ever since; Erikson became worthy never; Butch became worthy the two years AFTER he left... starting in 2001, and of course all the coaches since never have (nor will?) be worthy.

You think I and others here would be silent and actually support a corch like Mullen?

We crucified Coker while he was going undefeated because we know things won/loss records don't show. Crown Mullen? No way!!!

Advertisement
Uh, turning FL into an elite team, wouldn't that make him an elite coach?

Maybe you're just saying he's not an elite coach yet and can grow into one at FL. I don't think anyone would say he's elite yet, but a good coach he certainly is.

****, you've gone and confused me.

Ok yeah my statement was confusing, so I don’t think he’s an elite coach but with the amount of talent he’s capable of stock piling at Florida they can be an elite team. Similar to Jimbo at FSU not an elite coach but was able to stock pile tons of talent

Advertisement
Back