2024 DE Lawal "LJ" McCray, Mainland HS

Before or after it was established, he wasn't coming?

A long time ago…When he was committed to MSU and then even shortly after. And I'm talking long-timer posters who usually don't play the fairweather/sourgrapes role.

It's pretty much consensus that McGahee and Howard are two local players where the site ratings are just way out of whack. I like Howard's tape and wouldn't be opposed to the take, and I feel like UM has recruited him. But that bag talk was very early and the word was his competition at his previous school (Westland Hialeah) was so-so, and that he probably needed this year to show he's worth his and the services of opinion of himself. I mean hasn't the kid transferred in and out of Northwestern, Central (never played a down) , Westland, etc? That's a lot of transfers even in today's game?

It's like people are just angry, look and see the 1-2 highly rated local kids we aren't going out for…And just wanna attack and spew more staff hate... The history of Howard is well documented on this board. And again, I don't mind him, and another corner would definitely be welcome especially with Graves no longer here.

I think we like Howard, we just liked Frederique better. Not sure.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Screenshot_20231017_210956_Chrome.jpg

This was Norvell's 3rd season after winning a total of 8 games his first 2.
He also had (3) previous recruiting classes in the 20's.
norvell can coach x and os so his development of travis played a huge part in their jump the past 2 years

Advertisement
norvell can coach x and os so his development of travis played a huge part in their jump the past 2 years
They kind of worked out for each other. I don't think Norvell is that great xs and os. A lot of plays are made backyard ball style. Worked for him though and he can sell it.

says nothing other than miami is recruiting him lol
It kind of says something since everyone else on 247 is saying FSU leads and he is stating something different. Could be just to keep people's attention but it is notable.

Advertisement
They kind of worked out for each other. I don't think Norvell is that great xs and os. A lot of plays are made backyard ball style. Worked for him though and he can sell it.
I think hes doing what he can to put JT in a position he can succeed in. hes not a prototypical pocket passer. if Norvell gets a better more of a prototypical Qb, it would look diff imo. either way, w e dont have that unless the OC sticks around forever which is doubtful If Dawson is the goods

Advertisement
Advertisement
Prediction 6-8 top 100 composite players will be in this class.

And the portal will be strong too at dt, cb and likely a QB…

We finish 8-12 in overall ranking.

Keep crying though.

PS I was also *****in and sad the last two weekends but time to move forward lol.

And yes Mario is a corch / dumb dumb / Neanderthal… but if he doesn’t get this right, enjoy being 8-4 into perpetuity. If coach O can stack enough talent to win a natty so can Mario…. Cause they are both equally as Bone headed

Prediction 6-8 top 100 composite players will be in this class.

And the portal will be strong too at dt, cb and likely a QB…

We finish 8-12 in overall ranking.

Keep crying though.

PS I was also *****in and sad the last two weekends but time to move forward lol.

And yes Mario is a corch / dumb dumb / Neanderthal… but if he doesn’t get this right, enjoy being 8-4 into perpetuity. If coach O can stack enough talent to win a natty so can Mario…. Cause they are both equally as Bone headed
Weird post.

Advertisement
Back