2024 DE Lawal "LJ" McCray, Mainland HS

Advertisement
Let's assess at the end of the season. No doubt things are trending the wrong way but I remember Richt going 4-0, 0-4, then 5-0 to finish the season.

FSU just lost 3 in a row last season and was sitting at 4-3. Two of those loses came against 7-5 and 8-4 teams and one of those losses the opponent completed 11 passes in the entire game. They then went on to beat teams with the following records:

5-7
5-7
7-5
6-6 G5 team
6-6
6-6 bowl game

4 blowouts, 2 nailbiter 1 score games.

Perception changed for both teams quickly and recruiting picked up.

Hard to say there was any reason for optimism in both examples at the midway point of the season. Let's see how this team finishes.

If they turn it around Mario can recruit better than both HCs in the example.
No doubt. That’s what’s so frustrating…both of these last two games were extremely winnable. Heck we WON one of them. All you need is to win 9 games and we’re a sure fire Top 10 recruiting class. No one would be complaining if we were 5-1 heading into Clemson…but we’re not.

My god, it’s like pulling teeth when we get to conference play. I stand by Clemson being the very last turning point for the 2023 season.

Out-recruited by Mike Norvell…I’ve seen it all.

Try winning on the field Mario. It’ll make your life easier, trust me.

Jamari Howard is another massive whiff we don’t talk about enough. Certified speed at DB and someone taller than 6 feet, but it’s ok - our current room is more than fine!
In before someone list all the names in the DB room and says we’re “stacked”!!

Advertisement
Countdown To Christmas GIF by Hallmark Channel
It must be done

Advertisement
imo, mario is good enough as a recruiter to handle a non recruiter on his staff, but that non recruiter better be a great teacher and developer of talent esp if you aren't landing 5 star specimens. if Joe were pumping three star DL into the draft (Pittsburgh anyone) and developing them in college then Im good w that.
Facts

Advertisement
lol, copy paste comment from every other DL whiff.

"pulling out all the stops"
"giving him something to think about"
"Miami feels they are giving a great offer"
etc etc
He didn’t get any at Oregon so it wasn’t going to change here.

I never understood why LJ wasn’t a priority. He’s from FTL. If there was ever a blue chipper that would want to be here then it would be him.

He didn’t get any at Oregon so it wasn’t going to change here.

I never understood why LJ wasn’t a priority. He’s from FTL. If there was ever a blue chipper that would want to be here then it would be him.
From down here, told Fong he grew up a Canes fan, seemingly have good footing with his teammate Mincey. Which they’ve taken majority of game day visits together. Yet it looks like we’ll end up on the outside looking in again.

Advertisement
lol, copy paste comment from every other DL whiff.

"pulling out all the stops"
"giving him something to think about"
"Miami feels they are giving a great offer"
etc etc
You forgot an important one

“Miami has put themselves at the table”
And all we did was sit down and FaceTime him

It’s a joke hydro

Advertisement
Back